Maintenance of Catering Equipment NHS Grampian
Maintenance of Catering Equipment, Facilities and Services.
UK-Aberdeen: repair and maintenance services of catering equipment
Section I: Contracting authority
Summerfield House, 2 Eday Road
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Ian Strachan
AB15 6RE Aberdeen
Telephone: +44 8454566000
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.nhsgrampian.org
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00200
Further information can be obtained from: NHS Grampian
Central Stores, Foresterhill Road
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Ian Strachan
AB25 2XE Aberdeen
Telephone: +44 1224553545
Internet address: http://www.nhsgrampian.org
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Grampian Region.
NUTS code UKM50
This is a joint venture between NHS Grampian and the contractor covering several works contracts. That will include the six month and annual preventative maintenance, testing and ongoing reactive maintenance tasks.
The systems and equipment range from simple to complex in make up and are located in hospitals throughout the Grampian area.
There are a total of 20 sites and approximately 3 000 individual systems or pieces of equipment to be covered by this contract.
Full information is provided in the attached specification.
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=226976.
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=226976.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
Description of these options: The initial contract will run until June 2015, subject to satisfactory performance. Two further twelve month extension options (1+1) will be available there after subject to agreement between NHS Grampian and the succesfull contractor.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 36 (from the award of the contract)
Number of possible renewals: 2
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Additional measures are necessary in order to provide adequate assurance of your financial strength, deposits or financial guarantees may be required.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(2) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(3) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Service providers on the contract must be Gas Safe registered (or equivalent) and NICEIC – registered (or equivalent).
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:26.4.2012