Maker’s Yard Heritage Exhibition
1. An interactive performance / presentation / building tour / exhibition. 2. A permanent heritage interpretation panel / exhibition / display / piece of art.
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||31/01/2013|
|Est. End Date:||08/02/2013|
Makers’ Yard is the new studio space for artists and designer makers, due to open in January 2013 at a Grade II-Listed former hosiery factory at 82-86 Rutland Street, Leicester. Makers’ Yard will be managed by LCB Depot, Leicester’s creative business centre.
Leicester City Council and Maker’s Yard is looking for an organisation who can undertake the following:
1. An interactive performance / presentation / building tour / exhibition for the civic Makers’ Yard launch event on Thursday January 31st, for around 100 + invited guests. The final piece may also be required to be replicated at the public launch open day, in Spring 2013.
2. A permanent heritage interpretation panel / exhibition / display / piece of art that can remain in Makers’ Yard or be stored and displayed when required.
The work needs to reflect the ‘old’ history and heritage of the Grade II-listed building (most recently trading as Charnwood Hosiery) and the hosiery industry in Leicester; as well as the ‘new’ uses of the building as a centre for artists and designer-makers to pursue creative practices, grow their businesses and make products for sale and/or exhibition
LCB can offer circa £1000 to the winning bid.
Attached is a document “Supporting Information” giving references and further information about the history and future of Makers’ Yard.
If you are interested in submitting an idea for the commission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th December with:
1. Your proposed ideas
2. Breakdown of Costs for the two elements
3. Details of previous work that relates to this project
4. Estimated Timescales for the delivery/production of the work
The above 4 elements are mandatory for the submission and should be
returned by 9.00am on Friday 7th December at the very latest.
As well as this you are required to submit the Request for Quotation Document (which can be downloaded from the link below) quoting very clearly your price both the (1) Interactive performance / presentation / building tour / exhibition for the civic Makers’ Yard and (2) Permanent heritage interpretation panel / exhibition / display / piece of art that can remain in Makers’ Yard or be stored and displayed when required.
Finally, organisations are asked to regularly check this opportunity on Source Leicestershire for any updates. Any advertised opportunity might be updated or removed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Applicants should note that due to the technicality of the software package being used to create this advert, this Opportunity will become “invisible” at midnight, Thursday 6th December. Applicants are therefore requested to save all documentation relating to this Opportunity locally.
These documents are for information only. Please follow instructions for registration and receipt of full tender/quotation documentation.
- Supporting Information – Maker’s Yard Heritage Exhibition(docx) 139.98 KB
- Request for Quotation – Maker’s Yard Heritage Exhibition(doc) 53 KB
|Contract Type||One off|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Audio Visual, Design & Photography, Arts & Leisure Services, Museums & Art, Organised Activities,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
Mr Punit Modi, Tel No: 0116 252 8911
New Walk Centre,
Leicester LE1 6ZG