Management and Design of Pavilion at All Energy Event 2014-2016
HIE is seeking to appoint a supplier who will design, build and project manage a Highlands and Islands pavilion, under the HI-energy brand at the “All-Energy Exhibition and Conference Event” (www.all-energy.co.uk) held at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
UK-Dingwall: Event services
Section I: Contracting authority
Highlands and Islands Enterprise
Earl Thorfinn House, 6 Druimchat View
Contact point(s): The Procurement Team
IV15 9XL Dingwall
Telephone: +44 1349868977
General address of the contracting authority: www.hie.co.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00313
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 11: Management consulting services  and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Aberdeen.
NUTS code UKM50
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
In support of this, HIE has developed a “HI-energy” brand name, distinct from Highlands and Islands Enterprise’s own identity, specifically for the energy sector in the Highlands and Islands. “HI-energy” is used at exhibitions as an umbrella brand for the region. See www.hi-energy.org.uk for more information.
HIE is seeking to appoint a supplier who will design, build and project manage a Highlands and Islands pavilion, under the HI-energy brand at the “All-Energy Exhibition and Conference Event” (www.all-energy.co.uk) held at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre for 2014, 2015 and 2016. This pavilion will feature two distinctive areas – “HI-energy” and “Energy of Orkney”, each split into booths for a number of individual Highland and Islands based exhibitors. The pavilions will also feature a central lounge area and a manned cafe and will serve to promote the area and its extensive renewable energy offerings including its leading role in offshore renewables, experienced supply chain and world-class facilities.
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=252184
Description of these options: It is expected that these services will be required from August 2013 for a period of 3 years, unless terminated in accordance with the provisions of the Framework Conditions, with HIE having the option to extend for a further 1 year period.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
— Public Liability Insurance – minimum GBP 1 million.
— Professional Indemnity Liability Insurance – minimum GBP 500k.
Organisations which are unable to meet these criteria will not be evaluated further. Evidence will be sought prior to Contract Award.
(1) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(2) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Applicants must confirm their organisation complies with their statutory obligations under the Equality Act 2010. For organisations working outside of the UK this question relates to equivalent legislation in the country that the organisation is located. We may not be able to select a bidder that fails to meet statutory Equalities obligations, whether these statutory obligations are within the UK jurisdiction or related to equivalent legislation in the country in which the organisation is located.
Full details are provided in the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Objective criteria are based on the capability and capacity to deliver the contract. Full details are provided in the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: HIE reserves the right to re-tender for these services upon termination of the contract in accordance with the provisions of the Framework Conditions or at the end of the contract period, including any extension period.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:20.2.2013