Edinburgh: environmental issues consultancy services
The management of the climate challenge fund and the community and renewable energy loan scheme.
Section I: Contracting authority
The Scottish Ministers acting through the Scottish Government
3f North Victoria Quay
Contact point(s): Scottish Procurement and Commercial Directorate
For the attention of: Maggie Wright
EH6 6QQ Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1312447314
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.scotland.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA10482
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 11: Management consulting services  and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Scotland.
NUTS code UKM
As well as delivering a clear, fair and timely grant/loan competition that maximises the uptake of support funding the Contractor is also tasked with delivering direct advice to communities to ensure individual projects are delivered on time and within budget.
A key aspect of the reporting process for this contract will focus on monitoring the outcomes of individual project support and providing regular progress updates to the Scottish Ministers of any resulting local and national community benefit being delivered through the projects.
Successful delivery of these services will require a Contractor who understands climate change policy and operations, the drive for carbon reduction and the importance of wholesale community based behavioral change to this agenda. The Contractor must have a good grasp of key operational aspects of renewable technology and the industry and must be familiar with the third sector and business support landscape at a local and national level.
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland web site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=216225.
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=216225.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
Range: between 5 000 000 and 5 500 000 GBP
Description of these options: 12 month extension at the sole discretion of the Scottish ministers.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process;
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession;
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession;
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register;
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established;
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years;
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract;
(4) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:9.12.2011