Masterplan Framework for Whitechapel
- The London Borough of Towers Hamlets is seeking to procure a new visionary masterplan framework to transform the future of the Whitechapel area.
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- DR4368 A New Vision for Whitechapel: Masterplan
The London Borough of Towers Hamlets is seeking to procure a new visionary masterplan framework to transform the future of the Whitechapel area.
Whitechapel is an exciting opportunity waiting to happen. It is an opportunity for the business community, landowners, developers and our local residents to see that Whitechapel will be better connected, better located and have better facilities than any other comparable area in East London. We want to harness this opportunity to define the future of the area by providing the guidance and focussing the area’s needs to attract investment, sustain the ‘best bits’ and deliver change (the ‘New Vision’). We are seeking expertise to develop a masterplan framework that will help us to develop this New Vision and plan for its realisation.
Whitechapel is within an historic part of London and it lies at the heart of the East End. It is has one of the highest residential densities in London within a Borough which has the fastest growing population in the country. Whitechapel is less than a mile from the City of London to the West, the centre of one of the World’s greatest cities. Canary Wharf is only 1 miles to the south and the Olympic legacy only 2 miles to the East. Crossrail will directly connect Whitechapel to the City and Canary Wharf in minutes and beyond to international transport hubs at City Airport, Heathrow and Stratford International. With all this energy happening around it and through it, Whitechapel is the next transformational step in the continuous regeneration of the East End.
We want Whitechapel to lead the way in setting its own modern, driven regeneration agenda to prioritise:
· Celebrating its diversity and mixed economy, through better promoting its identity and future more than anywhere else in the East End.
· Providing more business chances, job opportunities and training placements.
· Delivering more homes, especially affordable family homes.
· Enabling town centre prosperity to meet local needs and high street aspirations.
This is an opportunity to work with the Council, landowners, developers, stakeholders and our local community to provide a positive approach to delivering the New Vision for Whitechapel.
- Mrs Gohar Lecordier
- Email Address:
- 020 7364 4795
- 20 7364 4973
- 4th Floor Mulberry Place, Town Hall
5 Clove Crescent
- 30/10/2012 15:00
- 13/11/2012 12:00
- 8 (months)
- 12 (months)
|Attached/Link Name||Size||Date Uploaded|
|Whitechapel Advert FINALdoc.pdf||36kb||30/10/2012|