Mathematics Contracts in England – Market Engagement 17 August 2021
The Department for Education will be holding a market engagement event on 17 August 2021 to present its vision for the following Mathematics Contracts in England.
Mathematics Curriculum Support Programmes – England
Department for Education
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
North East, North West, Yorkshire and the Humber, East Midlands, West Midlands, East of England, London, South East, South West
27 July 2021
16 August 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The purpose of this Prior Information Notice (PIN) is to notify the market that the Department intends to issue an Invitation to Tender (ITT) for the procurement of Mathematics Contracts in Autumn 2021.
The Department for Education will be holding a market engagement event on 17 August 2021 to present its vision for the following Mathematics Contracts in England:
– National Centre of Excellence for the Teaching in Mathematics (NCETM), delivered in partnership with Maths Hubs, and
– Advanced maths support programme (AMSP)
This event will provide an engagement opportunity for interested suppliers. The Department would encourage the attendance of interested suppliers, or consortia, at the market engagement event.
The purpose of the event is to seek advice and information from the sector and potential suppliers in order to help inform delivery options.
Background: The Department’s vision is to enable children and learners to thrive, by protecting the vulnerable and ensuring the delivery of excellent standards of education, training and care. This helps realise everyone's potential – and that powers our economy, strengthens society, and increases fairness.
The aim of our Mathematics programmes is that every student, no matter what challenges they face, should have access to an excellent mathematics education that prepares them for life in the modern world.
This procurement opportunity will build on the work of the current NCETM and AMSP programmes including:
– working in partnership with Maths Hubs to support improvements in pre-16 mathematics education with Teaching for Mastery (TfM) at its core,
– delivering support for AS/A level maths, further maths and core maths qualifications,
– supporting students to choose mathematics study in Further Education.
Indicative Dates for Procurement:
Following the market engagement event, we intend to publish the Invitation to Tender in Autumn 2021, subject to internal approvals. Anticipated contract award will take place around April 2022 with contracts commencement in July 2022.
On 17th August 2021, we will be holding an online event for prospective bidders and to share more detail.
We would like to use this online event to introduce and explain our policy intentions and seek the input and expertise from the sector to help develop our delivery options.
We are keen to speak to as many organisations as possible, and therefore we will be limiting attendance at the online event to two representatives per organisation. In order to help further inform the options available for the delivery of the Maths Programmes, the Department is also seeking market input to this process via a questionnaire, which we encourage all interested suppliers to complete. This will be made available to you when you register your interest in this event via the Jaggaer portal. Details can be found below.
Previous notice about this procurement
- Early engagement
- Published 27 July 2021
- Tender Notice
- Register on Jaggaer portal
- Additional text
- For information: Attendance at the market engagement event is not a pre-requisite for being able to submit a tender against this opportunity. If you are unable to attend the market engagement event, the slides and Q&A outcomes will be made available to all that register interest in this procurement opportunity using the Jaggaer portal.
Any subsequent tender will be advertised via both OJEU and contracts finder and will be managed via the Department’s Jaggaer e-Procurement platform. Suppliers who are not already registered on Jaggaer will need to register their company details in order to access this tender opportunity. Links to the site and related guidance can be found via the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-education/about/procurement#jaggaer-the-dfe-etendering-portal ?This notice is a zero value PIN notice for pre-market engagement. It is for information only and is not a call for competition. The Department reserves the right not to enter a formal procurement process and not proceed with contract award. Accordingly, the Department will not be liable for any bid cost, expenditure, work or effort incurred by any organisation in acting on the basis of this Prior Information Notice. All information included in this notice is indicative and subject to change and is neither exhaustive nor binding. The authority reserves the right at its absolute discretion to amend it at the time of issue of any further notices or at any other time.
If you are interested in attending the online event on 17th August 2021 or you would just like to receive direct communication regarding this potential future procurement, please register your interest using the URL link below:
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street,
- Learning and Skills Services – South Wales – Market Engagement 27 May 2021
- Blended Learning Medical Degree Programme – Market Engagement 13 April 2021
- National Leaders of Education Training Programme – Market Engagement Webinar 3 March 2021
- In-Service Training for FE Teaching – Market Engagement Event w/c 22nd February 2021