Meals on Wheels Service
Meals on Wheels Service – To prepare, supply and deliver hot meals to customers across the County of West Sussex.
UK-Chichester: Food, beverages, tobacco and related products
Section I: Contracting authority
West Sussex County Council
For the attention of: Alison Eastman
PO19 1RG Chichester
Telephone: +44 1243526062
Fax: +44 1243777515
General address of the contracting authority: www.westsussex.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: https://westsussex.bravosolution.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: County of West Sussex.
NUTS code UKJ24
15000000, 15890000, 15880000, 85000000, 85300000, 98000000, 98300000, 15894200, 15894300
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 13 005 020,00 and 47 578 710,00 GBP
Description of these options: There is potential to award 2 separate contracts or 1 combined contract:
1. To supply the food element only.
2. To deliver the meals to customers only.
3. To supply and deliver the meals to the customers (1 and 2 Combined).
Bidders may apply for either of the elements individually or both as a whole (therefore a maximum of 3 bids is possible).
Bidders will not, however be permitted to tender for part of any one element. Bidders will be required to confirm in their Invitation to Submit Proposals (ISP) submission what elements they are interested in bidding.
Bidders should be aware that if they bid for element 1 only, as an example, there must be a compliant and suitable bid for element 2 only for separate contracts to be awarded. If there are not 2 separate compliant and suitable bids then WSCC will look for a compliant bid for the whole service.
WSCC will inform those bidders who are bidding for one element only if there is not a compatible bid for the opposing element on completion of the evaluation of the ISP’s. Should this occur it will not be possible to take the bidder through to Call for Final Tender (CFT) stage.
As a result of this division, WSCC may award a single contract for the whole combined service, or alternatively 2 separate contracts, one contract for the supply of the food and one contract for the delivery of the meals.
Bidders should note that WSCC’s preferred awarding strategy is to award one contract to a provider for the provision of the food supply and delivery to customers. This could be to a sole bidder or a lead bidder through a consortium arrangement.
WSCC reserves the right not to contract for any part or all of the services (Lot 1, Lot 2, etc).
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: As detailed in the procurement documentation.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: As detailed in the procurement documentation.
As detailed in the procurement documentation.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
As detailed in the procurement documentation.
Section IV: Procedure
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2012/S 159-265614 of 21.8.2012
Chichester, West Sussex.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Authorised Officers of West Sussex County Council.
Section VI: Complementary information
Permitted public bodies who are members of the South East 7 group (SE7) may use this contract at a later date. The 7 Councils are:
— West Sussex County Council;
— East Sussex County Council;
— Brighton and Hove City Council;
— Hampshire County Council;
— Kent County Council;
— Surrey County Council;
— Medway Council.
In addition to this group, Portsmouth City Council and Southampton City Council may use this contract.
Customers living outside the borders of West Sussex are able to access this service.
Portsmouth City Council have confirmed that they will be accessing the West Sussex Meals on Wheels contract, for both supply of food and delivery, from the commencement of the contract.
The value range declared is due to no information being available on the potential spend of the other permitted bodies who are eligable to access this contract as detailed above.
Suppliers will be expected to deliver services that demonstrate a Best Value approach as defined by the government.
Public Liability Insurance of a minimum of GBP 10 000 000 million and Employers Liability Insurance of a minimum of GBP 10 000 000 will be required, Product Liability Insurance of a minimum of GBP 5 000 000 will be required for the food element.
West Sussex County Council is a Public Authority within the meaning of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and all correspondence received will be dealt with inaccordance with the Act.
The contract will be for a period of 5 years with the option to extend up to a further 5 years to a maximum of 10 years subject to performance and the requirements of WSCC and the pther permitted bodies who may use this contract arrangement.
The anticipated contract commencement date is 19.11.2013.
Bidders have the opportunity to visit the WSCC kitchen sites on Thursday 21.3.2013. Bidders must register their interest and attendance via the e-portal messaging facility.
A bidder briefing event for service providers is being held in the Goodwood Room, Edes House, West Sussex County Council,West Street, Chichester, PO19 1RQ, on the 26.3.2013, from 10:30 to 12:30. Providers interested in participating in this opportunity are encouraged to attend this event and register their interestand attendance via the e-portal messaging facility.
The Contracting Authority intends to use an eSourcingsystem in this procurement exercise. URL: Powered byBravoSolution eSourcing Technology ttps://westsussex.bravosolution.co.uk. Project No. 215 and PQQ No. 206 refer. Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender:
1. Register your company on the eSourcingportal (this is only required once) -Browse tothe eSourcing Portal: https://westsussex.bravosolution.co.uk andclick the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click “continue” – Enter your correct business anduser details – Note the username you choseand click “Save” when complete – You will shortly receive an emailwith your unique password (please keepthis secure)
2. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portalwith the username/password – Click the“PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers” link. (These are Pre-QualificationQuestionnaires or Invitations to Tenderopen to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT toaccess the content – Click the “ExpressInterest” button in the “Actions” box on the left-hand side of the page- This will move the PQQ /ITT into your“My PQQs/ My ITTs” page. (This is a secure area reserved for yourprojects only) – You can now access anyattachments by clicking the “Settings and Buyer Attachments” in the“Actions” box
3. Responding to the tender -You can now choose to “Reply” or “Reject” (please give a reason ifrejecting) – You can now use the ‘Messages’function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification- Note the deadline for completion, then followthe onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There maybe a mixture of online and offline actions for youto perform (there is detailed online help available) You must thenpublish your reply using the publish buttonin the “Actions” box on the left-hand side of the page. If you requireany further assistance please consult theonline help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:14.3.2013
Requirement: Meals on Wheels