Media and Campaign Training Services – Invitation to Tender
To provide face to face media and campaign training for all of The People’s Projects short list and reserve list projects in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Training services – 80500000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£63k – £181k
12 September 2018
05 October 2018
Contract start date
26 October 2018
Contract end date
30 June 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Big Lottery Fund (the Fund) requires a service provider to provide face to face media and campaign training for all of The People’s Projects short list and reserve list projects in England, Scotland and Wales and provide them with a pack they can use as a reference guide after the training.
The aim of the training and the packs is to ensure the projects are prepared for the television filming and any publicity generated from taking part in the process as well as fully able to campaign for votes. It will also help them build their capacity and knowledge in communications more generally.
The service provider will also be required to:
– support the Fund in the delivery of its aims and objectives from the provision of media and campaign training for these projects, the aims and objectives being to:
– support projects to showcase their project in the best light for their ITV film
– train the projects to manage media and best get their key messages across
– train the projects on how to campaign to ensure maximum votes
– train the projects in techniques that will showcase their achievements throughout the lifetime of their grant
The service provider is required to manage and deliver all of the services and deliverables required to deliver the training sessions.
The Fund will require:
– all short-listed and reserve listed projects, a total of around 150 projects across England, Wales and Scotland, to be invited to a training session
– up to 8 projects to attend per training session with the aim of one session per region, and attendance limited to one representative from each project
– training to take place within the ITV or STV region relevant to projects to minimise travel demands
– all training to be completed by 31 January 2019 in year one and in each subsequent year of the contract (should it be extended)
– the service provider to work closely with ITV, STV and the Fund’s representatives across the UK.
The service provider will be required to:
– deliver the media and campaign training sessions
– secure and provide suitably qualified and experienced trainers
– develop, produce and distribute up to 160 training packs across the UK, including bilingual packs for projects in Wales
– prepare bilingual presentation materials and provide that will deliver training in the Welsh language service at the session(s) in Wales
– tailor the exact content of the training sessions to the broadcast in each ITV region and organise the training sessions to accommodate the running order of the ITV and STV filming
– co-ordinate invitations and book applicants onto the training courses
– liaise closely with ITV, STV and the Big Lottery Fund over the training sessions
The services provided through this contract must be compliant with the Welsh Language Measure (Wales) 2011 and the Big Lottery Fund’s Welsh Language Standards (www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/welshlanguage).
About the buyer
Big Lottery Fund
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.