Medical Supplies NHS Wales
Miscellaneous medical and surgical items. Estimated value excluding VAT: 2 474 541,25 GBP. UK-Llanishen: disposable non-chemical medical consumables and haematological consumables
Section I: Contracting authority
NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership – Procurement Services
Bevan House, 24-30 Lambourne Crescent
Contact point(s): Rhiannon Price
For the attention of: Rhiannon (NWSSP Proc – WHS) Price
CF14 5GF Llanishen
Telephone: +44 2920315500
Fax: +44 2920315450
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
NUTS code UK
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT: 2 474 541,25 GBP
— Sputum containers,
— Medicine pots,
— Medicine spoons,
— Denture pots,
— Patella hammer,
— Pressure relief consumables with and without pumps,
— Specula for heine otoscope,
— Punch skin biopsy,
— Tape measure,
— Wooden applicator stick,
— Wooden tounge depressors,
— Torch diagnostic pens.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 2 474 541,25 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: As set out in the contract documents.
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once),
— Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register,
— Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘Continue’,
— Enter your correct business and user details,
— Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete,
— You will shortly receive an e-mail with your unique password (please keep this secure).
2. Express an Interest in the tender:
— Login to the portal with the username/password,
— Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are pre-qualification questionnaires or invitations to tender open to any registered supplier),
— Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content,
— Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page,
— This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only),
— You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box.
3. Responding to the tender:
— Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining),
— You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification,
— Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT,
— There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available). You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
As per requirements to complete NHS – SID4Health Profile or registration with Sell2Wales – see III.2.1 for more information on how to complete the information.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
1. The Contracting Authority reserves the right to use an electronic reverse auction;
2. If and when this requirement is offered for tender, this may be done in whole or part;
3. The Contracting Authority is not bound to award a contract in whole or part;
4. The Contracting Authority will not bear the tender costs of any of the tenderers;
5. In reference to II.1.9 (Variants) to the extent permitted, if at all, in the tender documents;
6. Prospective suppliers should note that NHS Shared Services Partnership – Procurement Services is acting on behalf of participating NHS Organisations in Wales;
7. The authority reserves the right to award via a series of lots/baskets and reserves the right to amend or include additional lots within the tender. The authority reserves the right to evaluate each lot/basket as a separate contract, it will, however, also factor into any tender evaluation any additional value or benefit from the potential award of multiple lots.
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: The authority will allow a minimum of 10 calendar day standstill period between notifying the award decision and awarding the contract. Unsuccessful bidders and applicants are entitled to receive reasons for the decision, including the characteristics and relative advantages of the winning bid and reasons why the bidder/applicant was unsuccessful. Should additional information be required it should be requested of the addressee in Section I.1. Aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by breech of procurement rules have the right to take action in the High Court (England and Wales). Any such action is subject to strict time limits and must be brought promptly. For more information on how to appeal, and the relevant time limits, please see the following statement on the authority’s web site: www.procurement.wales.nhs.uk/supply/terms.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:10.4.2012