Mental Capacity Act for Managers and Fieldwork Staff Training (PAN0309)
Leicester City Council is looking for a trainer to deliver the following: Event Title: Mental Capacity Act for Managers and Fieldwork Staff.
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||01/07/2013|
|Est. End Date:||30/06/2016|
Leicester City Council is looking for a trainer to deliver the following:
Event Title: Mental Capacity Act for Managers and Fieldwork Staff
Target Group: Staff working in fieldwork teams, with responsibility for assessment and support planning and their managers. Residential Home Managers and Senior Carers.
Number of staff to be trained per event: 20
Number and length of events: 3 courses x 1 day
Dates if known: TBC
Venue if known: TBC
To provide an overview of the Mental Capacity Act legislation, its principles and practical application, and how it is used in assessment and support planning.
• Understand the need to assist someone in making their own decision
• To be able to use the two-stage test of capacity
• Understand the process of making best interests determinations
• Understand who else can make decisions on someone’s behalf, when they lack capacity
• Understand the concept of using the least restrictive and proportionate level of restraint under the MCA
• Understand the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and relevance to the European Convention of Human Rights (Articles 5 & 8).
• Understand the role of an Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA)
• Understand the importance of maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date records
Please complete the Selection Questionnaire which includes providing
• A course plan, including content and methods of delivery.
• A short profile of the presenter(s) who will be delivering the training, including experience in this field
• Design and delivery costs
A link to the document is below. Please return to:
firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for this work.
Only quotations on the form below will be accepted. However, any supporting documents will be considered.
This should be returned by 16.00pm on 21st June 2013 at the very latest.
Organisations are asked to regularly check this opportunity on Source Leicestershire for any updates. Any advertised opportunity might be updated or removed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Applicants should note that due to the technicality of the software package being used to create this advert, this Opportunity will become “invisible” at midnight, 20th June 2013. Applicants are therefore requested to save all documentation relating to this Opportunity locally.
These documents are for information only. Please follow instructions for registration and receipt of full tender/quotation documentation.
- PAN0309 – Selection Questionnaire MCA Managers and Fieldwork Staff(doc) 128.5 KB
- Training Providers Agreement Apr 13(doc) 485.5 KB
|Contract Type||One off|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Training & Conferences, Social Community Care Supplies & Services, Adult, Adult & Further Education Services,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
Lisa Brownbridge – 0116 252 8923
New Walk Centre,
Leicester LE1 6ZG