Molecular Diagnostics Managed Equipment Service – Marketplace Testing
Supply, delivery, installation, commissioning and maintenance of an end to end Managed Equipment Service for ‘Molecular Diagnostics and Genomic Testing Solutions’.
United Kingdom-Londonderry: Medical equipments, pharmaceuticals and personal care products
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Postal address: Gransha Hospital
NUTS code: UK
Postal code: BT47 6YZ
Country: United Kingdom
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Molecular Diagnostics Managed Equipment Service
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
Processing molecular and cytogenetic samples and diagnostic testing in molecular diagnostics laboratories of Northern Ireland.
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
BSO Procurement and Logistics Service (PaLS), on behalf of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust wish to issue a call for competition for the supply, delivery, installation, commissioning and maintenance of an end to end Managed Equipment Service (MES) for ‘Molecular Diagnostics and Genomic Testing Solutions’. The molecular diagnostic laboratories of Northern Ireland provide cytogenetic testing for prenatal, postnatal, solid tissue and haemato-oncology service alongside a germline molecular genetics service for diagnostic and predictive testing for a wide range of genetic conditions including hereditary cancers, blood disorders, cardiac and lipid disorders.
This MES covers the processing of patient samples from several sources (e.g. tissues (fresh and FFPE), bloods (EDTA and Lithium Heparin), urine, bone marrows, CVS, amniocentesis, buccal etc.) through nucleic acid extraction/cell culturing, processing and storage, dependent on testing requirements, and the testing processes required (e.g. PCR, Sanger sequencing, monogenic kit based testing (Cystic Fibrosis, Myotonic Dystrophy, Fragile X etc.), gel electrophoresis systems, genetic analysers, karyotyping, FISH, QFPCR, SNP array, fragment analysis, dosage analysis, genotyping methodologies etc.) along with all equipment, reagents and software provision required for analysis and interpretation of genetic results, from the above processes, in preparation for reporting into STARLIMS. The solution should allow for sample tracking and automation, where appropriate, and materials management within the current LIMs system (STARLIMS). N.B. Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) processing, analysis and reporting is not included in this process. It is the intention of PaLS to have tender documentation prepared and presented to the marketplace by early 2021.
The Belfast Trust wish to investigate what is currently available in the marketplace with regard to functional attributes and characteristics of current ‘Molecular Diagnostics and Genomic Testing Solutions’ and wish to ensure that any future tender fully recognises existing and future operational opportunities. To this end an open invitation is being extended to all interested parties to declare their interest in participating in a product awareness session.
Deadline for Declaration of Interest closes at 16.00 Wednesday 3 June 2020.
Product awareness session is scheduled to take place via Video Conference 24 or 25 June 2020. Specific appointment times will be communicated to each supplier following the closing date of this declaration of interest. Only those companies, who can confirm their ability to provide, demonstrate and support ‘Molecular Diagnostics and Genomic Testing Solutions’ will be invited to attend the session.
II.3)Estimated date of publication of contract notice:
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
Section VI: Complementary information
Product awareness session will be an opportunity for relevant suppliers to present to a panel of potential users. The presentation will be scheduled to last approximately 1 hour per presenting organisation and will be required to:
1) Provide a physical and practical working demonstration of their current ‘Molecular Diagnostics and Genomic Testing Solutions’;
2) To provide an oral overview of their system to attendees;
3) To be available to respond to questions or clarifications from attendees following demonstration and presentation covering all aspects of system functionality, installation, commissioning, training and after sales servicing. The overall purpose of the session will be to update, educate and inform attendees of what is currently available in the marketplace and to ultimately influence and advise on potential functional characteristics which could form part of the future tender specification. Your participation in any future tender is in no way connected to or dependent upon your attendance at this Product Awareness Session. Product awareness session is scheduled to take place via Video Conference given current Covid-19 situation, on Wednesday 24 or Thursday 25 June 2020. Specific appointment times will be communicated to each supplier following the closing date of this Declaration of Interest. Only those companies, who can confirm their ability to provide, demonstrate and support a ‘Molecular Diagnostics and Genomic Testing Solutions’ will be invited to attend the product awareness session. What you need to do now:
1) Request a copy of Declaration of Interest proforma from firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Complete the Declaration of Interest form;
3) Submit your completed Declaration of Interest form by emailing email@example.com before the deadline at 16.00 Wednesday 3 June 2020;
4) Ensure that you will be available to attend on Wednesday 24 or Thursday 25 June 2020 and be able to present principles of a working model.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: