Motor Fleet Insurance Wakefield
Leased Vehicle Motor Fleet Insurance and Uninsured Loss Recovery Excluding Broking Services.
UK-Wakefield: motor vehicle insurance services
Section I: Contracting authority
The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Stanley Hall Aberford Road
Contact point(s): Contract Manager
For the attention of: Catherine Duncan
WF1 4AL Wakefield
General address of the contracting authority: www.midyorks.nhs.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 6: Financial servicesa)Insurances services b)Banking and investment services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Wakefield West Yorkshire.
NUTS code UKE43
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 175 000,00 and 250 000,00 GBP
Description of these options: The Trust is willing to consider a 1 year contract subject to a 3 year long term agreement.
Number of possible renewals: 2
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
2. English Law will apply during the negotiations held prior to the award of the insurance contracts, the contracts themselves and their performance.
3. Potential Suppliers may be asked to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate insurance regulatory Authority indicating the types of insurance the insurers are authorised to provide and must comply with the Department For Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform.
4. Is bankrupt or is being wound up, where his affairs are being administered by the court, where he has entered into an arrangement with creditors, where he has suspended business activities or is in any analogous situation arising from a similar procedure under national laws and regulations.
5. Is the subject of proceedings for a declaration of bankruptcy, for an order for compulsory winding up or administration by the court or of an arrangements with creditors or of any other similar proceedings under national laws and regulations.
6. Has been convicted by a judgment which has the force of res judicata in accordance with the legal provisions of the country of the offence concerning his professional conduct.
7. Has been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which the contracting authorities can demonstrate.
8. Has not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which he is established or with those of the country of the contracting authority.
9. Has not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which he is established or with those of the country of the contracting authority.
10. Is guilty of serious misrepresentation in supplying the information required under this Section or has not supplied such information.
11. Has been the subject of a conviction for participation in a criminal organization, as defined in Article 2(1) of Council Joint Action 98/733/JHA.
12. Has been the subject of a conviction for corruption, as defined in Article 3 of the Council Act of 26.5.1972 and Article 3(1) of Council Joint Action 98/742/JHA3 respectively.
13. Has been the subject of a conviction for fraud within the meaning of Article 1 of the Convention relating to the protection of the financial interests of the European Communities.
14. Has been the subject of a conviction for money laundering, as defined in Article 1 of Council Directive 91/308/EEC of 10.6.1991 on prevention of the use of the financial system for the purpose of money laundering.
Evidence of the the educational and professional qualifications of the of the supplier, its staff and the persons responsible for providing the services.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: The suppliers must be authorised to carry on business in the relevant classes of insurance contracts as listed in this contract notice in accordance with the provisions of the Insurance Companies Act 1982 and modifications thereof as well as the requirments of the Financial Services Authority.
Section IV: Procedure
Some candidates have already been selected (if appropriate under certain types of negotiated procedures) yes
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: All preselected insurers will be issued a copy of the Invitation to tender. Any Insurers who registers an interest via e-mail to as detailed in section 1.1 will considered against the required standards outlined in Section III: legal, economic, financial and technical information.
Payable documents: no
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 3 years
The following insurer’s have been preselected but this does not preclude other Insurance Companies from requesting participation: Aviva London UK; Zurich Financial Services Farnborough UK; QBE Leeds, Liberty at Lloyds, Amlin@Lloyds London; MAPS Southport; Allianz Leeds; Royal & SunAlliance Leeds; Ascot at Lloyds, Chaucer at Lloyds, Catlin at Lloyds, Equity Red Star, Newline at Lloyds.
The contract is a 1 year contract with an option to extend for a further 24 month period. In Insurance terms this can be viewed as a 12 month contract under a three year long term agreement. The tender is for insurance contracts provided by insurance companies and not for the services of an insurance intermediary.
The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Stanley Hall Aberford Road Wakefield West Yorkshire
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:13.6.2012