Mystery Shopper Tender
GTR currently have an internal service quality audit team (QuEST) and a supplier who provide mystery shopping services. The DfT have specified that the auditing / inspection function must be outsourced to an external supplier and TUPE process will be followed for the existing QuEST team.
Service Quality Regime (SQR): Inspection and Mystery Shopper Services
Govia Thameslink Railway Ltd
- Auditing services – 79212000
Location of contract
East of England, London, South East
Value of contract
EOI – Service Quality Regime
24 September 2021
25 October 2021
Contract start date
1 March 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2025
Restricted procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
GTR are looking to procure a partner / s to deliver the Department for Transports (DfT) specified requirements for a Service Quality Regime.
GTR currently have an internal service quality audit team (QuEST) and a supplier who provide mystery shopping services. The DfT have specified that the auditing / inspection function must be outsourced to an external supplier and TUPE process will be followed for the existing QuEST team. GTR therefore require an outsourced ‘Service Quality Regime’ (SQR) partner / s to deliver to the specification provided by the DfT. There are two core component parts of the SQR; the delivery of audits / inspections with the supporting reporting of outcomes and the delivery of mystery shopping.
The objective of the audit / inspection component of the SQR is to assess the consistent quality of our station and fleet assets against pre-defined criteria, to ensure a continued level of high performance via ongoing audits and monitoring.
The objective of the mystery shopper component is to measure the quality of customer service delivery across ‘staff helpfulness’ (via mystery shopper in stations and on trains) and the quality of online information (remote mystery shopping of social media and information provision during planned and unplanned disruption), to ensure a continued consistent level of high performance is delivered for customers across these areas.
GTR will have completed the development of a detailed SQR asset register across trains and stations, including those stations where other Train Operating Companies also operate from.
The requirement of the audit / inspection component of SQR to undertake consistent, high quality auditing of station and fleet assets throughout the GTR operating network. High level activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Continuous station / train inspections at the required volume, timing and locations each train operating period (a period comprises 4 weeks*). Inspection of listed station and fleet assets to be in accordance with defined quality assessment requirements and targets.
• Inspections to be carried out at varying locations and times of day.
• Reinspection requirement where an asset failed on the original audit / inspection.
• Logging of inspections via handheld/smart devices.
• Compliance with local station and safety procedures.
• Provision of real-time (or near real-time) reports to nominated recipients.
• Reporting of findings across audits / inspection. Regular dialogue/communication with nominated GTR personnel
- GTR SQR Regime – EOI Final.pdf
- Tender notice
- Expression of Interest Service Quality Regime (SQR): Inspection / Auditing and Mystery Shopper Services and
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
24 Monument Street