To appoint an academic research team to evaluate the practical tests within the current National Firefighter Selection Tests.
National Firefighter Selection Tests Prior information notice
- Security, fire-fighting, police and defence equipment – 35000000
- Research and development services and related consultancy services – 73000000
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
22 September 2022
8 November 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC) is seeking to appoint an academic research team to evaluate the practical tests within the current National Firefighter Selection Tests and make recommendation on what appropriate tests should be used moving forward. The ITT for this research is expected to go live in January 2023, with the contract commencing during April 2023.
There are 6 mandatory NFSTs:
· Ladder climb
· Casualty Evacuation
· Ladder lift
· Enclosed Space
· Equipment Assembly
· Equipment Carry
Research Team Outputs
· A report outlining consolidated scientific research base, providing context for the research required
· A report outlining recommendations for updated NFST (National Fitness Selection Tests) practical tests including recommendations for reasonable adjustments where necessary
· An appropriate training plan to utilised in preparation for the undertaking the updated practical tests
· Equality Impact Assessment for each individual practical test
· Guidance document relating to what Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) data should be collected by fire and rescue services in relation to the practical testing of the NFSTs
A supplier day is to be held on Wednesday 9th November 2022 at Sheffield Fire and Rescue Training & Development Centre (Beaver Hill Road Handsworth; S13 9QA). This will be an opportunity for potential suppliers to:
· Observe in person demonstrations of the 6 practical tests that require updating
· Make introductions with the NFCC Recruitment Project team
· Ask questions about the project’s objectives and outputs
· Share insights into suggested methodology for achieving the projects objectives
· Participate in discussions and answer questions from the project team
If you would like to attend the supplier day, please complete this short survey by close of play Tuesday 1st November 2022, Joining instructions will be sent out one week prior: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/NFST-supplier-day-registration-Sep22/
Please direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment Project Tranche 2 PIN – Questions asked to date.docx
- Bid submission documents
- Please find Questions and answers attached.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Headquarters,99 Vauxhall Road