NHS Physical Health and Wellbeing Tender
Lot 1: An ongoing, inclusive physical activity / sports programme that all NHS colleagues will be able to easily sign up to and access.
Physical Health and Wellbeing offer for NHS staff
- Health services – 85100000
Location of contract
Value of contract
4 August 2021
3 September 2021
Contract start date
4 October 2021
Contract end date
31 March 2022
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Lot 1: An ongoing, inclusive physical activity / sports programme that all NHS colleagues will be able to easily sign up to and access. This could include:
• A series of online activities or home workouts (such as yoga, HIIT, pilates, boxercise, Zumba), scheduled at regular intervals throughout the year. Frequency can be determined by the supplier, but should be regular (i.e a minimum of one per week, hosted by a professional/expert of that activity) and offered at varying times (i.e some in mornings, some in the evening to account for the different working patterns of our NHS colleagues).
• Access to the above sessions through an easy to use, accessible app or digital/online platform
• Community challenges that builds on the “Our NHS People” brand and encourages communities or teams of colleagues to support one another with their wellbeing. For example, setting local challenges to walk a number of miles as a team.
• Opportunities for staff to access sporting and adventurous challenges, either through separate programmes or expeditions, and also designed to enhance self-confidence, resilience and leadership as well as being able to give back to their communities
Lot 2: A learning and development offer that educates and informs colleagues of the benefits of looking after your health and wellbeing. This could include:
• A regular series of online community events and webinars, featuring motivational speakers such as athletes, personal trainers, dieticians, lifestyle and wellbeing speakers, armed forces colleagues, medical professionals, who can talk through focussed topics on physical health and wellbeing and identify the links between this programme and other national programmes such as the Prevention Team’s staff weight loss programme. This could be delivered virtually or face to face, dependent on Covid restrictions.
• Places for NHS staff to access a training programme on topics such as nutrition, exercise
• An online, group coaching programme that aims to upskill communities of health and wellbeing champions to feel confident in talking to colleagues about physical health
• An online video that provides tailored support to upskilling line managers to talk about physical health in wellbeing conversations
Lot 1 £ 125k Exc VAT
Lot 2 £ 100k Exc VAT
Interested suppliers should register on the NHS England & Improvement e-procurement system here: https://health-family.force.com/login
• Once logged in click ‘Find Opportunities’ and search for ‘Physical Health and Wellbeing offer for NHS staff’
• Click ‘Register Interest’
• Once you have registered your interest you will be able to view the Requirements and submit a response to the question within the portal
• Any messages about the opportunity should be sent via the e-procurement system. You can do this by going to the home page and:
o Click on ‘My proposals & Quotes’
o Click the relevant Project Title
o Click ‘Messages’ & ‘New Message’
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer