Reference number: ACE-2011-014
This deadline is for… Receipt of tender proposals
Main site of work/delivery North West
Is this suitable for smaller suppliers? Yes
Name of the buying organisation: Arts Council England
WE PLAY, the North West’s cultural legacy project for London 2012 and the Cultural Olympiad and the Northwest Steering Group for the 2012 Games wish to commission, design and build of a single destination website, that consolidates the London 2012 offer for the England’s North West. The website will increase public awareness of all official 2012 activity in the region, with a special emphasis on the diverse and high quality cultural offer made possible through the Cultural Olympiad. More specifically, the site will bring together audiences from a variety of backgrounds and interests to engage them in Cultural Olympiad events and other official London 2012 activity. A social media component within the site will create an online community of people interested in the region’s 2012 activity where participation is encouraged and discussed. The online infrastructure required to drive the WE PLAY challenge will be part of a website that covers all official London 2012 activity in the North West. It will be a public facing website for residents of the North West that promotes all official London 2012 events and opportunities in the region. The site will be a fun place to visit, joining up communities interested in London 2012 activity in the North West. Finally, the site will celebrate and instil pride in the region’s contribution to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games. The North West 2012 website will include comprehensive events and news listings, and showcase all official 2012 Cultural Olympiad , business, sport and community based activity in the region. Subscribers will receive emails about forthcoming events, volunteer opportunities and mass participation events. The website will also supply content for, and link to the Handprint 2012 installation. The WE PLAY Challenge section of the website will form the cornerstone of the ‘challenge campaign’. It will be the main vehicle for recruiting and mobilising people to become part of a community, open to new experiences and eager to take part in the Cultural Olympiad in the North West. This part of the site will support a large social network of PLAYERS who have signed up for the WE PLAY Challenge, recording their experiences of the Cultural Olympiad.
Aims and objectives
• Increase public awareness of all official 2012 activity in the region.
• Showcase Cultural Olympiad and other official 2012 activity in the region.
• Sign up as many subscribers as possible – (up to 35,000 individuals, particularly for the WE PLAY Challenge).
• Encourage visitors and subscribers to engage with official 2012 activity and Cultural Olympiad events.
• Create an online community of people interested in 2012 activity in the region where participation is encouraged and discussed
• Create an online community of ‘cultural players’ in the WE PLAY Challenge section of the site where participation is encouraged and discussed
• Encourage subscribers to record and discuss their experiences of official 2012 activity and Cultural Olympiad events on the North West 2012 site and other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
• Encourage subscribers to take part in the Handprint 2012 installation
• Enable subscribers to add comments and images about the events they plan to or have attended.
• Through user registration, provide the management team with a mailing list
• Enable extraction of user content, especially images for creation of a digital artwork by an independent artist.
Is it a framework agreement? No
Is this contract related to a funding programme? No
Contract will be awarded based on: Most economically advantageous tender in terms of: The criteria stated in the contract documents
Contract length: 12 Months
Contact name Alan Fransman
Address The Hive, 49 Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1FN
Telephone 0161 934 4429
Web address www.artscouncil.org.uk
Please download the ITT document and tender supplier appraisal form attached to this notice and respond in accordance with the instructions provided. Please note the deadline for tender responses, including completed supplier appraisal forms, is 12:00hrs Wednesday 30th November 2011. Any proposal delivered after the closing time and date for any reason may be discounted.