Painting Contract Broxtowe

Painting Contract Broxtowe

External Pre-Paint Repairs and Re-Painting Services.

REFERENCE CW13:009

External Pre-Paint Repairs and Re-Painting Services
Awarding body Broxtowe Borough Council

Est. value

£800,000

Est. Start Date: 10/09/2012
Est. End Date: 13/09/2013

Description

The Council is looking for an experienced provider of this requirement. Those Contractors who are unable to demonstrate the relevant experience and track record are unlikely to be successful.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Broxtowe Borough Council maintains approximately 4,660 units of housing accommodation within the curtilage of the Borough, which is approximately 31 square miles within the County of Nottinghamshire. The area is split into two areas North and South.

The Housing stock is 90% traditional construction, the remaining 10% are either true steel or Cornish type units and no properties are in excess of three storeys.

The Council operates a 5 year painting cycle in the north and south of the borough the north having approximately 350 properties per annum whilst the south of the borough have approximately 790 properties per annum.

Broxtowe Borough Council is seeking to appoint a preferred supplier to survey properties and carry out external pre-paint joinery repairs and re-painting to individual dwellings and communal parts to flats.

CONTRACT ARRANGEMENTS
There is no current provider in place for this service.
The contract will be set up to be renewed an annual basis for a period of four years, i.e., 1 + 1 + 1 + 1.
The contract will only be renewed at the Council’s sole discretion subject to satisfactory performance and pricing.
The Council reserves the right to split the award of contract to different providers if it is economically viable to do so.
The Council will require the successful Contractor to provide one apprenticeship per year of the contract.
The Council will require a probation period of 3 months for the first year of the contract..

A4 CONTRACT PRICE AND ADJUSTMENTS
The Contract Price shall be fixed from award of contract until 1st April 2014. This includes the potential extension after the first year.

The contract price will still be applicable to properties specified as requiring works between 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2014, even if these properties have not be completed by the Contractor.

In the event that the Council agrees to extend the contract beyond the 1st April 2014, then the Contractor may implement a 2.5% rise in prices. This price increase will fix prices until the 31st March 2016.

PROCUREMENT PROCESS
The procurement process is defined as an ‘Open’ tender process. This process however has two parts:
• Part 1 is the Pre-Qualification Process
• Part 2 is the Tender Process

Pre-Qualification Process
This is where the Council will assess the suitability and capability of the Contractor to provide the contract requirements. This is a Pass / Fail stage.

Tender Process
Those Contractors successful at the Pre-Qualification stage will have their ‘Tender’ bid opened and assessed. The lowest ‘genuine’ price (the lowest cost to the Council) will win the contract.

The PQQ and ITT are to be submitted by the deadline of 12 Noon on the 17 August 2012 but in separately sealed envelopes, within a ‘covering’ envelope. The envelope of the ITT submission will not be opened unless the Contractor passes the Pre-Qualification stage.
 

Additional information

Contract Type One off
Procurement Process Open Tender
Option to extend Annually for three years
Estimated ValueText Description Eight Hundred Thousand Pounds
Category Paint & Finishing,
CPV codes 50000000,
Suitable for SME YES

Document Available Until

16 August 2012

about 1 month

Submission Return By

17 August 2012

about 1 month

extend contract options:

Annually for three years

Contact Details

Broxtowe Borough Council
Steve Cotterill
steve.cotterill@broxtowe.gov.uk