Pest Control Services Tender Kent
The Service Provider will need to provide the following services: eradication of pests in a humane and environmental manner in accordance with CRRU where possible and appropriate. use of Integrated Pest Management plans and working methods, proofing and other preventative measures e.g. blocking, spikes.
United Kingdom-Sittingbourne: Pest-control services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Building 190, Kent Science Park
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Katie Williams
ME8 9NP Sittingbourne
Telephone: +44 1795434385
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.amicushorizon.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA8521
Electronic access to information: www.mytenders.org
Further information can be obtained from: AmicusHorizon Ltd
Building 190, Kent Science Park
For the attention of: Procurement
ME8 9NP Sittingbourne
Telephone: +44 1795434385
Internet address: http://www.amicushorizon.org.uk
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 14: Building-cleaning services and property management services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: London and Surrey, Kent and Sussex.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Service Provider will need to provide the following services:
— eradication of pests in a humane and environmental manner in accordance with CRRU where possible and appropriate.
— use of Integrated Pest Management plans and working methods,
— proofing and other preventative measures e.g. blocking, spikes,
— safe removal and disposal of dead pests,
— educating our residents about what they can do to prevent future infestation,
— providing initial findings reports,
— pest awareness training for staff and residents.
And be able to provide on request:
— Comprehensive Pest Control Reports,
— COSHH Risk Assessments,
— Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS),
— Quotations for larger planned works,
— Waste transfer notes/consignment notices,
— CO2 emission information.
The Service Provider must meet the following minimum standards:
— be a member of the BPCA (British Pest Control Association) and/or NPTA (National Pest Technicians Association) or equivalent,
— qualified staff to PSPH/PBCA Level 2 Certificate or equal approved,
— all site contract staff must have completed an asbestos awareness course that complies with Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012,
— capability to provide a call out service 24 hours a days, 365 days a year,
— be able to provide Integrated Pest Management plans,
— be a supporter of CRRU (Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use),
— be able to cover the geographical spread of AmicusHorizon,
— Have SSIP accreditation prior to contract commencement,
— Public Liability insurance of GBP 5 000 000,
— Employers Liability insurance of GBP 10 000 000,
— Professional Indemnity insurance of GBP 2 000 000,
— 1 current contract with a social housing provider or local authority providing the same services.
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=145550
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 700 000 and 800 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The initial contract will be for a 2 year term with the option to extend a further 4 years in 2 year increments. The maximum term of the contract is 6 years.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 24 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 2
In the case of renewable supplies or service contracts, estimated timeframe for subsequent contracts:
in months: 48 (from the award of the contract)
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: The Service Provider is required to help the Contracting Authority support the economic and social well being of the community. And to actively participate in the economic and social regeneration of the locality.
The Service Provider will need to support the Contracting Authority in capturing CO2 emission data. And commit to using low environmental impact chemicals and demonstrate this upon request.
The Service Provider will need to provide staff and residents with training on pest infestation prevention. See specification and invitation to tender for more information.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(6) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(7) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(8) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(9) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(10) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(11) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(12) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 22.1.2015 – 12:00
AmicusHorizon, Building 190, Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8NP.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
Royal Courts of Justice
WC2A 2LL London
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: