Place Branding Tender – East of England
This brief sets out the requirements for the development of a place brand for Norfolk and Suffolk.
- Government services – 75131000
Location of contract
East of England
Value of contract
25 June 2018
20 July 2018
Contract start date
17 August 2018
Contract end date
28 February 2019
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
This brief sets out the requirements for the development of a place brand for Norfolk and Suffolk. This work is being commissioned and led by New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership.
A place brand for Norfolk and Suffolk – branded as The East – was developed following business and partner workshops in 2016. Since then, this brand has been applied selectively to a number of internal and external projects without the benefit of a consistent brand strategy.
Local knowledge and research, including the new Economic Strategy for Norfolk and Suffolk, identifies that the area has quality destination assets which are currently undersold. Therefore work is being commissioned to develop a competitive destination proposition and place brand, enabling the area to realise its economic potential across the sectors identified within the Economic Strategy for Norfolk and Suffolk, which was launched in autumn 2017.
The new Economic Strategy firmly emphasises the need for consistent place branding and an overarching offer to UK PLC and internationally, with strong, cohesive messages, values and a visual identity which brings together our world-class inward investment and business location offer to stand alongside other areas of the UK and the global economy.
The brand will sit as an ‘umbrella’ above a large number of more local place, business and investment brands (such as Invest Suffolk, the East of England Energy Zone etc). It is intended to align these ‘sub brands’ to coordinate and amplify our region’s Offer, and not to replace any existing campaigns or brands.
3. Project description
Specialists in place marketing and branding are invited to tender for this work.
All proposals should be costed to include:
• Using existing research and materials to complete a destination audit to identify our local opportunities and offer
• The development of our place’s brand values
• The development of clear marketing messages, to be tailored to different audiences as appropriate and to develop existing messaging strategies and initiatives
• The development of a visual identity
• Testing of brand values and visual identity for local, regional, national and international audiences
• For agreed visual identity, logos and materials in all forms and comprehensive brand guidelines
About the buyer
Centrum, Norwich Research Park
Full tender brief and details
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.