Invitation To Quote – Placements for Children with Special Educational Needs Sandwell
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council invites quotations to provide an alternative, accredited programme of personal development for Special Educational Needs pupils for the 2012/13 academic year.
1. Delivery of an appropriate range of accredited work from our NOCN ‘Personal Development and Life Skills’ course, the OCNWM Getting Connected course and the AQA Unit Award Scheme through both 1:1 mentoring and group work.
2. The service will be provided for up to 18 full time equivalent pupils aged between 13-16 years during the academic year. Of the 18 places, 6 of these will be for KS3 pupils and will deliver short accredited programmes to them before they move into long term placements.
3. The Contractor will ensure all children and young people accessing the Service will complete a minimum of one unit of accredited work per term.
Upon completion of a programme pupils will return to main stream provision, remain with the service or move to other specialist provision. The Contractor will support the Service Purchaser to ensure a smooth transition to main stream provision.
You will be required to submit quarterly monitoring and financial reports and to attend monitoring meetings with the Service Purchasers as requested to review the Service. Specifically the Contractor will:
• Maintain clear records for all children accessing the Service detailing assessed need, the support being provided, outcomes being achieved and exit plans.
• Make written records available for monitoring by the Service Purchaser.
• Record, monitor and evaluation the work undertaken and report this to the Service Purchaser.
• Administer a Customer Satisfaction Survey on a termly basis amongst Children that have accessed the Service and collate and evaluate the results in a report.
The maximum total funding available for the delivery of this service will be £40,700 for the contract period 1st September 2012 to 31st August 2013. The preparation of the curriculum and also necessary materials is the responsibility of the Contractor. Funding will be awarded based on the most economically advantageous quote received.
If you would like to submit a quote please provide the following information:-
• Total cost of the service for the academic year 2012/2013.
• Information on similar work undertaken by you/your organisation, and/or the individuals proposed to work on this
• Brief overview as to how you will deliver the service (see specification)
• Details on any additional value you can add to the core specification
• Confirmation that have or you will have the following insurance in place prior to contract commencement:
o Public liability – a minimum of £5 million in respect of any one claim unlimited in the aggregate.
o Employer’s liability – a minimum of £10 million in respect of any one claim, covering all employees.
o Professional indemnity – a minimum of £250,000 in respect of any one claim, to remain in place for a six year period following the termination of the Contract.
Please Note: TUPE may apply with the award of this funding. Prior to the release of any TUPE information you will be required to sign and return a confidentiality agreement which can be obtained by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your quotation by 12 noon on Friday 29 June 2012 to:
Market Development & Commissioned Services
Jack Judge House
PO Box 15888
Or preferably by e-mail to:
Closing Date: 29/06/2012