Play Area Renovation Contract – Norfolk
Supply of new play equipment, and renovation and extension of old equipment.
Design, Supply and Installation of Parish Play Area Renovation
Coltishall Parish Council
- Playground equipment – 37535200
Location of contract
Value of contract
£20,000 to £50,000
10 August 2021
5 October 2021
Contract start date
12 October 2021
Contract end date
12 October 2022
Single tender action (non-OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The parish play area is situated in an area of public open space on Rectory Road, Coltishall, Norfolk. It is not directly overlooked by any properties in the local community. Next to the play area is the Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) and Adult Gym Equipment.
In consultation with the local Primary School children the description of the works include:
New play equipment:
1. Wheelchair accessible roundabout
2. A zip wire. This will require moving the existing fence that runs parallel to the MUGA and bringing this closer to the fence to accommodate the space for the zip wire.
3. A toddler climbing frame and slide.
4. A new noticeboard which features the children’s work and play area rules and safety information.
Renovation and extension:
1. The climbing frame – to include an enclosed slide and shaped into a theme i.e. boat, castle
2. See-saw – children proposed the idea of an animal theme
3. Surfacing – currently lifted, torn rubber tiles around climbing frame and worn grass matrix tiles around other play equipment. Consider digging area and providing wood-chippings.
4. Baby swing
The removal of play equipment:
1. Rocking horse
2. Free standing slide
The Parish Council maintains the grounds and is the land owner gifted in trust to the parish.
Tenders should be received by post to the Parish Clerk by 12 noon on 5th October 2021 via the attached document. If you would like to arrange a site visit please contact the parish clerk by 25th September 2021.
- Play Area Renovation Tender.docx
- Tender Notice
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.