Post Office IT and Change Transformation Programme – Workplace Services Procurement
Over the next three years, Post Office Ltd will be undertaking a significant level of change to deliver its 2012-15 strategic priorities, including: Post Office Independence, Network and Crown Transformation, and substantial revenue growth across Mails, Government and Financial Services.
UK-London: IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support
Section I: Contracting authority
Post Office Limited
148 Old Street
Contact point(s): IT&Change Transformation – Workplace Services Tower
For the attention of: Maria Christophor
EC1V 9HQ London
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.postoffice.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Post Office, London.
Delivery of services nationwide (UK and NI).
NUTS code UK
In this context, Post Office Ltd has commenced a procurement to identify a prime supplier to act as such a service integrator and now wishes to seek further prime suppliers to support delivery of technical services through the service towers.
The technical services required are managed IT services made up of several services components.
This procurement seeks to identify a single supplier to provide end user computing (EUC) services.
The selected bidder will be required to establish workplace services to enable transformation of the Post Office’s IT estate and be ready for transition of the above services from the incumbent suppliers, as well as providing any new services that Post Office Ltd may require in the future, and support all these services as per the agreed service levels during and post transition.
At the end of the contract term the bidder is expected to provide exit management services to transition the services to new suppliers.
72000000, 72600000, 30200000, 30210000, 30230000, 32320000, 48300000, 48500000, 48600000, 48700000, 50320000, 50340000, 79811000, 79820000, 72100000, 72200000, 72500000
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 55 000 000,00 and 300 000 000,00 GBP
Description of these options: Post Office Ltd reserves the right to extend the contract twice for a period of 12 months each. This will allow flexibility for an implementation/transition phase. Therefore the total potential term of the contract is 72 months (48 months + 12 months + 12 months).
Number of possible renewals: Range: between 1 and 2
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Please refer to the PQQ.
Please refer to the PQQ.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Please refer to the PQQ.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: The minimum and maximum figures relate to the number of operators who will be invited to participate in dialogue. Post Office Ltd intends to run this procurement as a competitive dialogue in iterative rounds where bidders will be down selected at each stage.
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2012/S 058-094733 of 23.3.2012
Section VI: Complementary information
2. To formally submit an EOI you must firstly download the Applicant Details Spreadsheet (Excel file) located on the Royal Mail Group Website at: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-suppliers/contract-opportunities
3. The Applicant Details Spreadsheet should be completed with the details of your organisation. The spreadsheet format should not be amended in any way. Mandatory information required to be added to the spreadsheet is: Organisation name; Contact Telephone Number for your organisation; First name of the person who will complete the PQQ; Surname of the person who will complete the PQQ; Contact number for the person who will complete the PQQ; Email address of the person who will complete the PQQ. Please also complete as much of the non-mandatory information as possible.
4. Following completion of your Applicant Details Spreadsheet, please email the spreadsheet to the contact detailed in Section I.1 (IT&C Transformation@postoffice.co.uk).
5. You will then be sent information on how to access the PQQ. The PQQ will be managed using the RMG Electronic Sourcing System (E-sourcing).
6. The PQQ is accessed via E-Sourcing. You will need to receive 2 emails in order to participate. Once you have submitted your completed Applicant Details Spreadsheet, you will be provided with your first email (within 48 hours Monday – Friday) which is a log-on to E-Sourcing. These log-on details shall arrive via RMG@frictionless.com and headed Royal Mail Group RFX (please do not email this site unless instructed to do so). On receipt of your log-on information, you will then be sent a second email (within 24 hours Monday to Friday) from RMG@frictionless.com or RMG, inviting you to participate in the PQQ ‘Post Office IT Services Datacentre. It is at this point that you will be able to fully access the PQQ and start to complete it.
7. The PQQ will close as noted in IV.3.4.
Please note: Your log-on will not be activated until you are formally invited to participate, so please do not try to log-on before you are invited to do so, since your access will be denied.
Requests to participate must be made by supplying all of the information which is set out in the PQQ. This information must be supplied by the date and time specified in IV.3.4 above allowing sufficient time for the registration process to be completed.
Post Office Ltd may require suppliers to supplement or clarify the information submitted in the PQQ and may also undertake its own audit of the supplier to verify the information provided.
Any appeal in relation to this procurement should be addressed to the contact point
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:17.8.2012