Product Management Service Partner Services – Ambulance Radio Programme
The Ambulance Radio Programme on behalf of the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care is seeking to procure a supplier to fulfil the role of a service partner to support the Authority projects delivering the constituent programmes and that can scale to support future Authority initiatives and product offerings.
United Kingdom-London: IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Postal address: Department of Health and Social Care, Victoria Street
NUTS code: UK UNITED KINGDOM
Postal code: SW1H 0EU
Country: United Kingdom
Contact person: Molly Roast
Address of the buyer profile: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-of-health-and-social-care
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Service Partner Services, Including Service Management, Service Desk and Environment Management
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The Ambulance Radio Programme (‘ARP’) on behalf of the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care (the ‘Authority’) is seeking to procure a supplier to fulfil the role of a service partner to support the Authority projects delivering the constituent programmes (refer to II.2.4) and that can scale to support future Authority initiatives and product offerings. The Authority is looking to partner with a provider who can demonstrate capabilities in ‘product management’ — not simply providing ‘service desk’ and ‘Service Management’ functions — who can demonstrate an ability to integrate elements of discrete project deliverables as ‘service offerings’ to service recipients. The scope will also involve environment management and ad-hoc services, as more particularly described in this service requirements.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The constituent programmes being delivered by the Authority are:
• ESN: the replacement of the Airwave network which is being delivered by the Home Office’s ESMCP;
• CRS: the delivery of the new integrated communications and control system to the English Ambulance Trusts, the Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust and the Scottish Ambulance Service. The contract for the delivery of CRS was awarded to Frequentis in May 2017.
• MDVS: the delivering of the new NMA to the English Ambulance Trusts (and potentially the Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust and/or the Scottish Ambulance Service, if those bodies elect to participate in the MDVS programme). The scope of the MDVS programme also includes the delivery of Vehicle Hardware to run the NMA and the replacement of TETRA radio terminals with devices that can connect to the ESN.
• HEMS: the core function of the Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) Air Ambulance is to deliver front line medical care to patients in the pre-hospital environment. All HEMS Air Ambulances in England are operated by charities and receive their tasking via Service Recipient control rooms under terms of individual memorandums of understanding which are in place. The supplier shall provide the following services as detailed in the service requirements.
(a) implementation services
(i) service management services,
(ii) service desk services,
(iii) environment management services,
(iv) transformative service improvement services;
(c) ad-hoc services,
(d) future services.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
II.2.9)Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
Please refer to the selection questionnaire guidance. The Authority will evaluate responses to the SQ and select the 5 highest ranking bidders who will be issued with an ISIT unless any other bidders are within half a percentage point (0,50 %) of the fifth placed bidder. In this case, these bidders will also be shortlisted to the next stage of the tender process.
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
The initial term of the contract is 5 years. The Authority may (at its sole discretion) extend the Initial term by one or more extension periods by giving the supplier at least sixty (60) Working Days’ notice before the end of the initial term or beyond (up to a maximum of 2 years). From the effective date and in accordance with the implementation plan, the supplier shall provide the services to each of the English Ambulance Trusts and any successor bodies thereto that perform any of the functions previously performed by any of the foregoing bodies:
(a) South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT),
(b) East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EMAS),
(c) East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST),
(d) London Ambulance Service NHS Trust (LAS),
(e) North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust (NWAS),
(f) Isle of Wight NHS Trust (IoW),
(g) South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS),
(h) South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SECAmb),
(i) West Midlands Ambulance Service University NHS Foundation Trust (WMAS),
(j) North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (NEAS), and
(k) Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust (YAS).
At any time during this Agreement, the Authority is entitled to require the supplier on written notice to provide (and on receipt of such written notice, the supplier shall provide) the services (all or part thereof) to other organisations and any successor bodies thereto that perform any of the functions previously performed by any of the foregoing organisations, including:
(a) Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust (WAST),
(b) Scottish Ambulance Service (SAS),
(c) Air Ambulance Charities, including the following:
(i) East Anglian Air Ambulance,
(ii) Essex and Herts Air Ambulance,
(iii) MAGPAS Air Ambulance,
(iv) Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance,
(v) London’s Air Ambulance,
(vi) Great North Air Ambulance,
(vii) North West Air Ambulance,
viii) Thames Valley Air Ambulance,
(ix) Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance,
(x) Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance,
(xi) Cornwall Air Ambulance,
(xii) Devon Air Ambulance,
(xiii) Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance,
(xiv) Great Western Air Ambulance,
(xv) Midlands Air Ambulance,
(xvi) The Air Ambulance Service,
(xvii) Yorkshire Air Ambulance,
(xviii) Wales Ambulance Service;
(d) the other NHS Trusts,
(e) the NHS Bodies,
(f) the law enforcement organisations set out in the list located at URL: https://www.police.uk/forces/ or any replacement or successor URL; and
(g) the fire and rescue organisations set out in the list located at URL: https://www.nationalfirechiefs.org.uk/Fire-and-Rescue-Services or any replacement or successor URL.
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Please refer to selection questionnaire: Part 2: Exclusion grounds (ground for mandatory exclusion and grounds for discretionary exclusion); Part 3: Selection questionnaire.
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.2.2)Contract performance conditions:
Please refer to key commercial principles.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.4)Information about reduction of the number of solutions or tenders during negotiation or dialogue
IV.1.5)Information about negotiation
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.3)Estimated date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
The Authority envisages that by the end of the term of the agreement the scope of this procurement may have broadened resulting in an estimated total contract value range of GBP 20 000 000 to GBP 76 500 000. This range includes any additional future services that may be called off under the agreement by the service recipients.
1) estimated contract value for the service partner services as set out in the agreement to all English Ambulance Trusts is GBP 20 000 000 (cumulative cost GBP 20 000 000);
2) estimated value for the optional addition of services as set out in the agreement to the Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust and the Scottish Ambulance Service is GBP 6 500 000 (cumulative cost by adding the cost for contract type numbered 1 and 2 together is GBP 26 500 000);
3) estimated value for the optional addition of the delivery of services and all the associated services as set out in the agreement to other service recipients and organisations set out in the procurement documents is GBP 30 000 000 (cumulative cost by adding the cost for contract type numbered 1, 2 and 3 together is GBP 56 500 000);
4) estimated value for future projects is GBP 20 000 000 (cumulative cost by adding the cost for contract type numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4 together is GBP 76 500 000). Any selection of bidders will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement. If a group of economic operators submit a bid, the group must nominate a lead organisation to interface with the Authority. The Authority may require the group to form a legal entity before entering into the contract in accordance with Regulation 19(6) of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. Please note that economic operators will need to register for free through the portal referred to in Section I.1) above and obtain log-in details to access the procurement documents. Tenders and all supporting documentation must be priced in pounds sterling. The Authority is not and shall not be liable for any expenses, costs or liabilities incurred by those expressing an interest or negotiating or tendering for this contract opportunity or their associated entities or any other person. The Authority reserves the right not to award a contract, to make whatever changes it sees fit to the structure, timing and rules of the procurement process and to cancel the process in its entirety at any stage.
Postal address: Department of Health and Social Care, Victoria Street
Postal code: SW1H 0EU
Country: United KingdomInternet address: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-of-health-and-social-care
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: