Professional Consultancy Services Hillbrook Primary School
Architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services.
UK-London: architectural, construction, engineering and inspection services
Section I: Contracting authority
Wandsworth Borough Council
Children’s Services Department, 4th Floor, Town Hall Extension
For the attention of: Ms. Marie Clarke
SW18 2PU London
Telephone: +44 2088718511
Address of the buyer profile: www.wandsworth.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
NUTS code UKI11
The Council is seeking to appoint a single professional Practice that will oversee the schemes from feasibility study through to contract completion. Consortia will be expected to nominate a Lead Consultancy that will retain sole responsibility for the input and management of the other disciplines, and will be required to provide evidence of having successfully worked on similar schemes.
The multi-disciplinary Practice or Consortium will be expected to provide the following services:
— architectural design,
— structural engineering,
— mechanical and lift engineering,
— electrical engineering,
— quantity surveying,
— CDM co-ordination,
— landscape design.
71000000, 71220000, 71333000, 71324000, 71420000, 71300000
Estimated value excluding VAT: 182 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Practices wishing to be considered for selection to tender are required to complete a pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) which should be obtained from Ms Marie Clarke, telephone +386 2088718511 or by e-mail email@example.com or by post from Wandsworth Council, Children’s Services Department, Town Hall Extension, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU and submitted by Monday 5.3.2012.
The PQQ will require applicants to clearly demonstrate their proven experience and capability to undertake this type of work. Only one PQQ need be completed. Selection for inclusion on the tender list will be based on the following criteria:
1. Proven technical competence and capability – satisfactory evidence of a minimum of 5 years experience of providing similar services to those required by the Council and sufficient numbers of suitably experienced and appropriately qualified professional / technical staff.
2. Evidence of ability to deliver services of a high standard. This evidence to be in the form of references received directly by the Council from previous Employers.
3. The composition of the proposed Design Team, their formal qualifications and a brief resume of their experience in the educational building projects sector.
4. Proven experience in managing projects being undertaken in operating school premises – 3 projects completed satisfactorily within the past 5 years.
5. Evidence of economic and financial standing in respect of viability to perform the services including satisfactory evidence that practices have an annual turnover of at least twice the estimated annual fee value of the commission(s).
6. Suitable insurance cover. Public Liability Insurance to a minimum of 5 000 000 GBP; Professional Indemnity Insurance to a minimum per claim of 2 000 000 GBP (or statements that these will be obtained if awarded the contract(s)).
7. Satisfactory evidence of a sound record of quality standards, health and safety and equalities and other policies as required.
Section VI: Complementary information
Terms and conditions of appointment may be inspected between 9:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday at the Children’s Services Department Reception, 4th Floor, Town Hall Extension, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU.
Applicants are advised that references will be obtained in writing from three referees. Please ensure that those organisations are willing to complete a prescribed reference form. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their referees respond within the timescale as this will form a key part of the evaluation of PQQs.
Late applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be invited to submit fee bids based on a percentage of the works cost involved. The award of contract will be based on lowest priced compliant tender. It is anticipated that the invitations to tender for the works will be issued in April 2012.
Following evaluation of PQQ’s, including receipt and evaluation of technical references, it is the Council’s intention to restrict the number of organisations invited to tender to a maximum of 6 organisations including the Council’s in-house Design Service. If more than 5 organisations fulfil the selection criteria, those scoring the highest number of points will be invited to tender.
Applicants must refer only to the above-mentioned scheme in their reply. Accompanying applications for other advertisements placed by Wandsworth Borough Council will be ignored.
Any queries regarding this advertisement should be directed to Ms Marie Clarke on +44 2088718511. The work will be carried out under the direction of Mr. P. Robinson, Director of Children’s Services. GO Reference: GO-201222-PRO-3692513.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:2.2.2012