Provide Arboricultural Professional Services to Eden District Council
Administering the service of Tree Preservation Orders through the Council’s committee and/or portfolio holder system.
Construction and Real Estate
Location of contract
Value of contract
01 February 2018
23 February 2018
Contract start date
01 April 2018
Contract end date
31 March 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Eden District Council is responsible, as a Local Planning Authority (LPA), for trees under all planning legislation since 1947. The Council is also responsible for the trees within its land ownership. These responsibilities mean in practice, the arboricultural professional appointed by the Council will be required to:
• administering the service of Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) through the Council’s committee and/or portfolio holder system,
• administering appeals against TPOs where these are lodged by land owners or third parties,
• the service of emergency TPOs where circumstances require it, the subsequent confirmation of emergency TPOs through the Council’s committee system,
• advising Development Management (Planning) case officers on all considerations in respect of arboricultural matters, including the setting of reasons for refusal of planning permission and the setting of conditions relating to planning consents in relation to arboricultural considerations,
• dealing with complaints against the Council in respect of tree matters and
• advising the Council’s officers responsible for the maintenance of its estates on all tree matters, including, crucially, that of public safety in respect of all trees within the Council’s ownership.
About the buyer
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.