Provide Cleaning Services for the Scottish Parliament
The Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body requires a Contractor to provide comprehensive Cleaning Services within the Holyrood premises.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Building-cleaning services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body
The Scottish Parliament, Procurement Services
For the attention of: James Vinestock
EH99 1SP Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1313486620
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.scottish.parliament.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA10284
Electronic access to information: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/scottishparliament/aspx/Home
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/scottishparliament/aspx/Home
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 14: Building-cleaning services and property management services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: The Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body (SPCB) requires a Contractor to provide comprehensive Cleaning Services within the Holyrood premises (internally and externally) that maintain the Parliament’s accommodation to a standard appropriate for one of Scotland’s most prestigious buildings.
A Copy of the draft Specification and Conditions of Contract can be found along with the PQQ documentation at https://in-tendhost.co.uk/scottishparliament
The SPCB reserves the right to make amendments to the Specifications and Terms and Conditions prior to the issue of the final version with the Invitation to Tender.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
90911200, 90919200, 90919100
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The initial contract term is for 5 years with the possibility of a maximum 36 1-month extensions (at the sole discretion of the SPCB).
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
The contract will be subject to the SPCB’s Conditions of Contract for the Provision of Cleaning Services.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(2) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(3) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Technical. Weighting 70
2. Price. Weighting 30
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
The SPCB has adopted an electronic system for managing the tendering process — ‘In-tend’. Documentation for this contract will be issued and collected electronically via the ‘Current tenders’ tab on the e-tendering website:
For guidance on how to download these documents please use the help facility through the e-procurement website (address as above). For further assistance on using the e-tendering website please contact Procurement on +44 1313486620.
The SPCB does not commit to letting a contract for all or any of the requirements listed.
The SPCB will not be liable for any costs incurred by those expressing interest in or tendering for this contract.
Any contract awarded shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
As part of the SPCB responsibilities under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, the SPCB may be required to disclose information provided by you in relation to this requirement, to anyone who makes a request under the Act.
The SPCB provided no guarantee of the volume or the value of business that may be procured from the contract throughout its term.
Community benefits are included in this requirement which will relate to the training of Contractor Personnel.
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: