Provision of Email Encryption Software Implementation and Support Contract
We are seeking to purchase a new Email Encryption solution which whilst offering the same features as the current solution will also provide additional functionality to meet newly identified requirements.
- Cheshire West and Chester
- Provision of Email Encryption Software Implementation and Support Contract
- We are seeking to purchase a new Email Encryption solution which whilst offering the same features as the current solution will also provide additional functionality to meet newly identified requirements. The Council does not require a bespoke email encryption system nor does it require an upgrade to its existing solution.
There are several areas for which email encryption can be required:
· Compliance encryption
· Intellectual property protection
· Information governance
· Mobile encryption/containment
· Partner-to-partner encryption
We consider Compliance Encryption as the key area for our requirements.
This requirement is to encrypt private information in transit to comply with regulations or data protection legislation and corporate policy Communication can be person-to-person, business-to-consumer or system-to-person (that is, automatic generation of statements and notifications).
Compliance encryption typically requires data loss prevention (DLP) to ensure encryption is invoked, even if the user forgets that the message should be encrypted. Both push (encrypted attachment) and pull (browser view of encrypted email) encryption methods are desirable to give the users a choice. Authentication requirements are lightweight, because ease of use is critical. Authentication shall integrate with the existing authentication scheme, Voltage SecureMail, to ease the on boarding of new recipients with a prior relationship. Browser-based message viewing (such as pull) systems shall easily integrate with existing websites and authentication schemes.
Deliverability is a key consideration, because users tend to ignore encrypted communication that looks like a phishing attack. Consequently, end-user education and trust are critical to a successful deployment.
A swift implementation and an out of the box minimal configuration approach is an essential aspect of this procurement. The Council does not require a bespoke solution.
- Mrs Ann Hope
- Email Address:
- 01244 972369
58 Nicholas Street
- 24/03/2014 16:30
- 02/04/2014 12:00
- 36 (months)
- 24 (months)
- Express an interest online