Provision for Out of Hours Hot Vending Services
Cwm Taf Health Board is looking to procure a hot vending service which will aid in both staff, visitor and patient feeding 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Cwm Taf Health Board is looking to procure a hot vending service which will aid in both staff, visitor and patient feeding 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Health Board currently has a responsibility to provide food for both staff and patients 24 hours a day Current catering facilities provide hot food until 1:00am with very little choice for staff after this time. Due to both cost and operational pressures, it is not feasible to keep all of these facilities open out of core hours especially in some of the smaller community sites. Therefore, it has been decided that a vending service providing hot, nutritional meals across various sites would help the Health Board to facilitate staff and patients needs as well as achieve efficiency savings.
The Health Board will require a fully managed service to include, re-stocking, servicing, cleaning and cash handling for all vending machines on all Hospital sites. The Health Board will also require the successful bidder to provide an out of hour’s service for patients, via a free vend option.
The Health board will require 6 machines, 2 on the 2 main sites with 4 on 4 of the support sites. This requirement could reduce or expand depending on the success of service on each individual site.
Classification of contract (CPV codes)
42933000 – Vending machines.
Most economically advantageous tender in terms of:1. Tender Evaluation Criteria and Weighting – Quality/Price 40/60
4. Criteria Weighting
5. •  Ability comply with Partnership Relationship
7. • Statement of consent with Partnership Relationship
8. • Evidence of working together on cost reductions/cost transparency
10.  Ability to meet exact system requirements
12. • Proposed System requirements 10%
13.  Ability to meet Menu requirements – healthy options
15. Innovation of approach to schemes in meeting the requirements of both staff and patients:
17. • Machines to promote healthy eating/lifestyle
18. • Demonstrate the ability to meet the needs of the Trust, staff and patients
19. • Delivering on all points as per the specification
20. • Quality of products
21. • Aesthetic value of products before and after regeneration 15%
22.  Ability to provide fully Managed Service
24. • Proposed Service 10%
25.  Price/Value for Money – Royalty Payments
27. • Price/Value for Money – Royalty Payments 60%
SECTION IV: Administrative Information
Cwm Taf Health Board will be conducting this procurement exercise through the etenderwales portal https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/nhs/tender documents and other information must be downloaded from and returned through this portal. If you require any further assistance the BravoSolution helpdesk is available on :-
Email: email@example.com Phone: 0800 011 24 70/ Fax: 020 7080 0480
– Go to https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk/nhs/
Project Ref:- 25912
ITT Ref:- 39468
– If you think that someone in your Organisation may have already registered on this Platform then you must not register again.
– Registration should only be performed once for each Organisation.
– The first person from your Organisation to use the Platform will be required to register on behalf of the Organisation.
– Registration involves accepting a User Agreement, and providing basic information about your Organisation and about the User performing the Registration.
– The User who performs the Registration becomes the Super User for the Organisation.
– On registering on the Platform the Super User will select a Username and will receive a password.
– The Password will be sent by e-mail to the email address that was specified in the User Details section of the Registration page.
– In order to log-in to the Platform please enter your Username and Password.
– Note: If you forget your Password then visit the homepage and click “Forgot your password?”
– Please contact the person who Registered (i.e. the Sup er User) in order to arrange access to the Platform.
– Contact the Helpdesk immediately if you are unable to contact the Super User (for example if they have left your Organisation).
– Note: If your Organisation is already registered on the Platform then you must not make any additional registration. Please contact the Helpdesk to gain access to the Platform.