The Council is keen to move as many transactional activities as possible to an online process in order to speed up the delivery of information, provide ease of access for customers and create efficiencies. As such the processing of CRB checks falls into this category. Historically there have been delays in paper forms being completed with the required information which has impacted on the recruitment of staff within a number of key service areas and schools. This delay in enabling staff to commence their duties has affected the delivery of services to the most vulnerable in the community.
In addition following a comprehensive review of safer recruitment processes it was clear that significant areas of recruitment activity required revising. Given the increased pressures on local government services to provide more efficient services with fewer resources offering online CRB checks meets a number of policy objectives.
· Accurate and responsive recruitment prechecks
· Use of technology to support recruitment processes
· Revision of existing processes to ensure value for money and fitness for purpose
Therefore the Council is looking to engage with a provider who can offer:
· Flexible user friendly on line application with highly efficient electronic processes maximising on electronic delivery of all information – receive electronic disclosures if negative results
· Data held in proven secure environment
· Proven delivery record – speed of return on checks
· Management reports /User guides/ training
· Competitive administration charges
· Monthly invoicing
· Potential for online payments
The contract will be for a period of three years, and may be extended by the Council for up to a further two years.
The Pre Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) is due for submission by 14:00 on 22nd June 2012.