Psychological Testing HM Revenue and Customs
A requirements gathering exercise has been conducted to identify the types of services that may be required. A further part of the requirements gathering exercise will be a supplier day due to take place late April/early May 2012, for further details on location, date, time and agenda e-mail Lesley.Bond1@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk, responses will be provided after 16.4.201.
UK-Salford: general personnel services for the government
Prior information notice
Section I: Contracting authority
HM Revenue and Customs
Commercial Directorate, 5W Ralli Quays
Contact point(s): Lesley Bond
For the attention of: Lesley Bond
M60 9LA Salford
Telephone: +44 1618270222
Fax: +44 1618270270
Address of the buyer profile: www.hmrc.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
Civil Service Resourcing
100 Parliament Street
Section II.B: Object of the contract (Supplies or services)
NUTS code UK
It is intended that the tendering exercise will be conducted under the open procedure, with the contract notice to be published in mid-2012. Tenderers will be required to provide their tender response electronically using the HMRC E-sourcing system, which is a web-based portal. Further details about the e-sourcing system can be found in the Suppliers guide for selling to HMRC using the following link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/about/supplying.htm.
Estimated cost excluding VAT: 700 000 GBP
This contract is divided into lots: yes
Information about lots
Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority: Lot No: 1 Lot title: Individual Psychological Assessment – Permanent Secretary level resourcing
Applicants who are short-listed (ie. invited to a panel interview) for Permanent Secretary roles in a range of Departments will be required, as a part of the selection process, to attend a Permanent Secretary IPA. The IPA occurs in a short window between the date of short-list and panel interview, typically around 10 working days. The IPA constitutes the applicant’s completion of a range of psychometric ability and personality instruments followed by an in-depth feedback and assessment interview with a suitably qualified and experienced assessor. This interview lasts approximately 1.5 – 2 hours, and is a behavioural interview which employs the use of a psychological and leadership assessment framework.
The IPA comprises:
1. Supplier’s assessor liaising with the outgoing Permanent Secretary and/or a Cabinet Office representative hiring manager about the key assessment requirements;
2. Complete the IPA, including administration of a range of psychometric tests;
3. Production of an IPA assessment report;
4. Brief an interview panel;
5. Following the selection decision, a further development planning meeting between assessor and assessee.
This service incorporates the following elements:
1. Initial briefing with an assessor, the DG and their line manager;
2. 360 degree feedback surveying (which will not be commissioned through this contract);
3. Testing and a 1:1 assessment profile and feedback meeting (includes feedback of tests and questionnaires and 360 degree feedback), with the aim of discussing the DG’s view of their key strengths, development issues and priorities;
4. Development report completed by the assessor;
5. Assessor/DG meeting to hand over/discuss the Development report and prepare for the 3-way meeting;
6. 3-way development planning meeting with the Permanent Secretary.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section VI: Complementary information