Purchase of Litter Bins
- As part of the Litterbin Management Policy Oldham Council Street Scene Department manages litter bins within the borough, the management includes the procurement, installation and management of repairs / maintenance of the branded borough wide litter bins.
- Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council
- The Purchase of Borough Wide Litter Bins
- As part of the Litterbin Management Policy Oldham Council Street Scene Department manages litter bins within the borough, the management includes the procurement, installation and management of repairs / maintenance of the branded borough wide litter bins. Oldham Council are seeking a reputable supplier to supply and deliver bins as per the specification detailed in section 4 of this tender document, for the next 3 years.
The branded bins are required for general maintenance of existing and fitting in new locations and are funded from different budgets such as Oldham Gateways Budget and a Britain in Bloom Budget, we also have single one off fund streams throughout the year. We anticipate a requirement of a minimum of 50 metal bins per annum and a minimum of 50 plastic bins per annum, numbers could increase dependant on budget and funding allocations.
Metal bins are in general are fitted on high profile main routes because they are fire proof and the plastic bins are allocated on other routes. The borough wide bins are being sought under a supply only arrangement; fitting is not required as part of this tender process.
Service elements are required as part of the contract requirements and will be evaluated as part of the evaluation criteri please see section 4 of this tender document for the service requirements and section 1.4 for the evaluation weighting apportioned to the service requirements.
Bins are to guarantted for a minimum of a 3 year period.
The contract will have a maximum spend of £30,000 per year.
This tender is for the supply of borough wide bins to Oldham Council however is open for other AGMA authorities to join under mutual agreement at a later date; the other authorities included within this procurement are: Trafford Council, Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council, Bury Council, Manchester City Council, Salford City Council, Wigan Council, Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council, Bolton Council and Stockport Council.
- Mrs Elizabeth McKenna
- Email Address:
- Corporate Procurement Level 8
Civic Centre, West Street
- 02/05/2012 15:00
- 16/05/2012 12:00
- 36 (months)
- 0 (months)