Quotations Required – Asbestos Surveying and Advice for Halton Borough Council
- Halton Borough Council seeks quotations from suitably qualified asbestos consultants to undertake annual management surveys and other associated services in respect of the Councils Property portfolio which consists of over 200 properties.
- Halton Borough Council
- Asbestos Surveying and Advice
- Halton Borough Council seeks quotations from suitably qualified asbestos consultants to undertake annual management surveys and other associated services in respect of the Councils Property portfolio which consists of over 200 properties. This is to be on a term contract basis for a period of 2 years with the option to extend for 2 further periods of 1 year.
The purpose of the contract are as listed below:-
· To enable the Council and the duty holders to comply with the Control of Asbestos Regulations2012.
· In the first year of the contract the successful organisation is to carry out asbestos management surveys on the Council’s properties that it either owns or is responsible for. In many instances, these surveys have already been carried out previously. The consultant can either survey these buildings again or review the surveys previously carried out by other asbestos surveyors and report on the building’s current asbestos situation. If the bidder chooses to utilise the existing survey, he is duty bound to review if other asbestos containing materials are present in or around the buildings that have not been identified previously. Some buildings may not have had a survey carried out previously, and so a full management survey will have to be carried out. The Pricing Document will explain which buildings have been previously surveyed and which have not.
· In the second and subsequent years of the contract, the successful organisation is to re-survey all of the properties previously surveyed, or any new buildings that the Council become responsible for.
· Refurbishment and Demolition surveys may be required by the Council and the contract allows for this.
· The Council has implemented specialist repairs, maintenance and upgrade programmes that may require Refurbishment and Demolition surveys. This may consist of heating replacement work, electrical renewal schemes and refurbishment work to only parts of buildings or other similar schemes not requiring a full Refurbishment and Demolition and survey of the building. The Pricing Document requires the bidders to price as a percentage reduction of the full Refurbishment and Demolition surveys for these types of surveys.
· On an ad-hoc basis there may be a need for Asbestos Training to be carried out.
· In emergencies there is a requirement to attend locations within the Borough to investigate suspected materials, take samples and report on the suspect material and offer advice.
· Auditing, reviewing and advising: This is to be carried out continually on an on-going basis, cumulating in an annual report.
· Supervising and monitoring asbestos removal contracts on site.
Contact Information –
Any queries must be sent through the Question and Answer facility on The Chest. www.the-chest.org.uk
Bid Submission Instructions –
Electronic using The Chest hosted by Due North www.the-chest.org.uk
Deadline for Questions – Friday 21st March 2014
Date/time for Bid return – Friday 28th March 2014
- Mr Matthew Moxon
- Email Address:
- Kingsway House
- 27/02/2014 16:00
- 28/03/2014 12:00
- 24 (months)
- 12 (months)
- Express an interest online