Rapid Charging Points for Electric Vehicles – London – Early Market Engagement
We are undertaking pre-market engagement to help inform our tender brief.
Early Market Engagement – Rapid Charging Points for Electric Vehicles
- Chargers – 31158000
- Electric vehicles – 34144900
Location of contract
11 August 2021
20 August 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea intends to tender for rapid EV charging points later this year. We are undertaking pre-market engagement to help inform our tender brief. If you would like to assist us in our research, please answer our questions and submit them by Friday 20 August, 3pm via the CapitalEsourcing portal. Please search for the following reference: pqq_RBKC_1706 – Early Market Engagement- Rapid Charging Points for Electric Vehicles.
If you have any further questions, please contact us through the portal using the messaging facility.
- Additional text
- 1. The Royal Borough intends to advertise for concessionaire arrangement, whereby operators should be willing to take on all exploratory and groundworks to provide rapid charging points, with the Council receiving an annual payment for lease of the parking bay, and a share of profits. Is this something your organisation is or would be willing to do? [If no, skip to Q7]
2. What cost /concessionary models do you offer?
3. What length of lease would you require to make implementation of new charging points viable for you under a concessionaire arrangement?
4. What elements of the work do you expect the council to facilitate (for example, obtaining planning permission, arranging or enabling works with UKPN etc)
5. What length of time does it typically take to install a rapid charging point under a concessionaire arrangement – from appointment to being available for customer use?
6. Realistically, how many rapid charging points would you be interested in/able to provide in RBKC under a concessionaire arrangement per year?
7. What is the typical payback period on average for a rapid charging point?
8. What do you look for/consider an ideal location for a rapid charging point? (e.g. local café or shopping opportunities etc) Similarly, which locations do you avoid?
9. Are you able to facilitate bespoke payment arrangements, for example discounted rates for Council vehicles or smart payment cards/invoicing?
10. What are the typical dimensions and specification of your rapid charger that you would usually recommend installing on-street?
11. Do you know what proportion of your current rapid charging sessions are undertaken by the following:
a. Residential (personally owned vehicles)
b. Private hire (Taxis and cabs)
c. Commercial (delivery vehicles etc)
d. Other (please specify)
12. What performance indicators do you use to assess performance of your rapid charging network?
13. Is there anything else you think we should know, or should include in our tender brief?
Please search for the following reference: pqq_RBKC_1706 – Early Market Engagement- Rapid Charging Points for Electric Vehicles
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer