Replacement Telephone System Tender
The University of Northumbria are looking to tender for a replacement for their traditional PBX Telephone System.
United Kingdom-Newcastle upon Tyne: Telecommunications equipment and supplies
Section I: Contracting authority
Contact point(s): Procurement Services
For the attention of: Neal Boyd
NE1 8ST Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: +44 1912273854
General address of the contracting authority: www.northumbria.ac.uk
Address of the buyer profile: www.northumbriaunitenders.org
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
NUTS code UKC22
This contract is to provide Northumbria University with a fully integrated premise based, carrier-grade native SIP based Telephony System that has the capacity to provide core telephony infrastructure, contact centre software and management information. This will include the implementation of the system, maintenance and support.
The telephony solution should be based on modern Internet Protocol Telephony (IPT).
A full server based communication solution should be provided.
Description of these options: Support & Maintenance of the System for a 2nd and 3rd year.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 12 (from the award of the contract)
Number of possible renewals: 2
In the case of renewable supplies or service contracts, estimated timeframe for subsequent contracts:
in months: 12 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: As detailed in the Pre-Qualification Questionairre.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy,corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared inelegible and they will not be selected
to participate in the procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared inelegible and not selected for participation in this procurement process as detailed in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: As detailed in the Pre-Qualification Questionairre.
As detailed in the Pre-Qualification Questionairre.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: The assessed professional competency of providers to submit competent bids following the pre-qualification questionairre process.
Assessment will be based on a combination of financial and non-financial factors and will include organisation profile, economic and financial standing, and technical capacity and experience.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: no
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Go to the website located at : www.northumbriaunitenders.org
2. If you have a login, select “login” if not, select “Register Free”;
3. To register against a contract, select the binoculars beside the Latest Opprtunities Section;
4. Select any relevant search criteria or alternatively click “search” to search all;
5. Click on the highlighted link for the contract that you are interested in;
6. Click on “Register Interest”;
7. You will receive an e-mail from the system once your interest has been accepted;
8. To access the tender documentation you must login and select “My Opportunities”.
Please note: The contracting authority does not bind itself to accept any tender and reserves the right to cancel the tendering process at any point.
Tenders and all supporting documents must be priced in sterling and all payments made in relation to the services will be made in sterling. Any agreement entered into will be considered as a contract made in England according to English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. The contracting authority is not liable for any costs incurred by those expressing an interest in or tendering for this contract opportunity. The successful tenderer will be required to give an undertaking that it will comply with UK and EU legislation on health and safety at work and race and sex discrimination.
Compliance with all relevant legislation is required, both in the contract award procedure and during the term of any resulting contract. The University is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act. If the organisation considers that any information supplied is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted and the reasons for its sensitivity given. In such cases, the relevant material will in response to FOI requests be examined in the light of the exemptions provided for in the FOI Act.