Requirement for Citizen and Consumer Protection Officer – Sandwell
The Citizen and Consumer Protection (Accommodation) Team are looking to recruit 2 motivated, well-organised individuals as inspecting officers to enforce housing standards in the private residential sector in Sandwell.
Citizen and Consumer Protection Officer (Accommodation Team) KB220421
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
- Recruitment services – 79600000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£7,006.32 to £7,992
Citizen and Consumer Protection Officer (Accommoda
22 April 2021
30 April 2021
Contract start date
10 May 2021
Contract end date
10 August 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Citizen and Consumer Protection Officer (Accommodation Team)
Rate of Pay: £15.78 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Based at Regulatory Services, Court House, 335-337 High Street, West Bromwich, B70
Start Date: ASAP
Contract type: Agency – 12 weeks
Job Description and Personnel Specification are attached, which also provides more information above the role.
The Citizen and Consumer Protection (Accommodation) Team are looking to recruit 2 motivated, well-organised individuals as inspecting officers to enforce housing standards in the private residential sector in Sandwell, with suitable qualifications and private sector housing enforcement experience who can manage complex workloads and prioritise casework with minimal supervision.
The Citizen and Consumer Protection (Accommodation) Team deals with requests for assistance from private tenants and occupiers, provides advice to landlords and is engaged in multi-agency initiatives to improve living conditions across the borough. Sandwell, in the heart of the West Midlands is a progressive and forward-looking authority at the forefront of many innovative approaches to urban regeneration.
You will be:
• Qualified to BTEC HNC/HND level in Building/Surveying or a qualified Environmental Health Officer • Certified competent in carrying out HHSRS surveying You will have:
• Experience in private sector housing enforcement, including the preparation of cases, prosecutions with experience of appearing in court being advantageous.
• Sound knowledge of construction and an awareness of the legal process relevant to this area of work.
• Be able to evidence a good working knowledge and experience in enforcing the Housing Act 2004, using and understanding the Housing Health and Safety Rating System, Housing and Planning Act 2016, The Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation (England) Regulations 2006 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990
• Experience in multi-agency enforcement work around modern slavery and exploitation relating to HMOs and illegal residential conversions is advantageous.
• Knowledge and experience of civil penalties from Housing Act disrepair and HMO management regulation breaches.
Please can the agencies send over a CV, 2x up to date references, copy of Terms and Conditions.
No DBS is required for this role.
Please note this advert is also out with our Master Vendor
The Council will be using the In-tend e-Tendering System for this Procurement opportunity, please visit https://in-tendhost.co.uk/sandwellmbc to access the Sandwell MBC In-tend Supplier Portal.
From here you will be able to register your company, express an interest in the opportunity, and gain immediate access to the related documents.
To submit your documents, you will be required to opt in.
For a Step by Step user guide to the Sandwell MBC In-tend Supplier Portal please click on the `Guidance for Suppliers` s…
- Tender Notice
- Additional information on how to apply for this contract
- Additional text
- The Quotation Document(s) will be made available to suppliers who Express Interest on the Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council Tendering Portal. To access the portal please click the following link https://in-tendhost.co.uk/sandwellmbc
You will be required to log into an existing account or register a new one. Once logged in, from the top menu bar click on “Tenders” to list all the current opportunities. Once you have found the relevant opportunity you should click on “View Details” in order to Express Interest.
Closing date for submission of quotations is Friday 30th April 2021 at 12:00pm
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : No
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
1 Providence Place
0121 569 4766