Requirement for Civil Engineers – Southend-on-Sea
The council is seeking to engage up to 4 experienced and appropriately qualified Chartered Structural / Civil Engineers.
Engagement of Structural Engineering Consultant
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
- Consultative engineering and construction services – 71310000
Location of contract
Value of contract
8 February 2021
12 March 2021
Contract start date
3 May 2021
Contract end date
2 May 2025
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The ‘Council’ is seeking to engage up to 4 experienced and appropriately qualified Chartered Structural / Civil Engineers with extensive marine experience to undertake the lead role in all design work in relation to structural repairs, alterations, approved modifications and new works including Planning permission, Listed building consent, Building control approval, contacting and obtaining permission and necessary Licences and approvals from the Marine Management Organisation (MMO), Environment Agency, English Heritage/ Natural England, Crown Estates approval and to carry out bi-annual structural condition surveys (2 required, one every 2 years) to preserve the future of the iconic Grade 2 Listed Building.
The opportunity is being split into Lots to reflect the specialities of the requirements:
1) Timber Outer Pier head and the other timber-piled areas of the Pier – Engineering Design – Principal Designer Role
2) Prince George Concrete Extension Phase 2 Engineering Design – Principal Designer Role;
3) Anchor Bay Engineering Design for Steel works (for Phases 3 up to 5) – Principal Designer Role.
4) Marine Engineer consultant to carry out structural condition surveys (2 required, one every 2 years) over a 4 year period to preserve the future of the Pier.
Suitably qualified suppliers may submit tenders for one, two, three or all of the lots.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer