Requirement for Housing Solutions Officers
Sandwell MBC requirement for 3 housing solutions officers.
Housing Solutions Officer DB050221
Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
- Recruitment services – 79600000
- Temporary staff for households – 98513300
Location of contract
Value of contract
Housing Solutions Officer DB050221
5 February 2021
10 February 2021
Contract start date
14 February 2021
Contract end date
30 April 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Housing Solutions Officer x3
Rate of Pay: £12.60 per hour
Location: Based at Council House, Freeth Street, Oldbury, B69 3DB
Start Date: ASAP
Contract type: Agency – 12 weeks
Job Description and Personnel Specification are attached, which also provides more information above the role.
This role is required to work under the Homeless Reduction Act 2017. It is ideal that candidates have knowledge of the legislation and experience of working within Housing Options and the wider housing and homelessness sector.
We are looking for a friendly and approachable person to work with clients with multiple complex support needs including clients that are street homeless and experiencing challenges such as substance misuse and mental health issues.
You will engage with these individuals throughout their housing journey and will provide a bespoke package of wrap-around support tailored to the individual’s needs. This will include undertaking risk assessments and creating Personalised Housing Plans with an emphasis on understanding and getting to know the individual and their needs, in order to support them off the streets and into accommodation, ensuring they have the skills in place to maintain and sustain a tenancy independently.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To take a full homeless application and undertake thorough investigations in accordance with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017
• To carry out detailed enquiries on cases subject to statutory review proceedings
• To prevent and relieve homelessness
• To provide advice and assistance of a range of housing options
• To undertake a holistic assessment of the client’s needs – working alongside partners and agencies to develop a suitable action plan to address these needs
• To develop, update and review Personalised Housing Plans for customers in light of the Homeless Reduction Act following a detailed assessment
• Work closely with clients with multiple complex needs to develop a package of wrap-around support – and deliver this support in conjunction with specialist agencies and partners
Please can the agencies send over a CV, 2x up to date references, copy of Terms and Conditions.
No DBS is required for this role.
Please note this advert is also out with our Master Vendor
The Council will be using the In-tend e-Tendering System for this Procurement opportunity, please visit https://in-tendhost.co.uk/sandwellmbc to access the Sandwell MBC In-tend Supplier Portal.
From here you will be able to register your company, express an interest in the opportunity, and gain immediate access to the related documents.
To submit your documents, you will be required to opt in.
For a Step by Step user guide to the Sandwell MBC In-tend Supplier Portal please click on the `Guidance for Suppliers` section of the website. All procurement responses must be carried out via the…
- Tender Notice
- Additional information on how to apply for this contract
- Additional text
- The Quotation Document(s) will be made available to suppliers who Express Interest on the Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council Tendering Portal. To access the portal please click the following link https://in-tendhost.co.uk/sandwellmbc
You will be required to log into an existing account or register a new one. Once logged in, from the top menu bar click on “Tenders” to list all the current opportunities. Once you have found the relevant opportunity you should click on “View Details” in order to Express Interest.
Closing date for submission of quotations is Wednesday 10th February 2021 12:00pm Midday.
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : No
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
1 Providence Place
0121 569 4680