Research Park and General Campus Property Agent
The University wishes to appoint a commercial property adviser and agent to assist primarily with the management of its Research Park property portfolio to maximise the commercial and knowledge exchange returns on its investment.
UK-Edinburgh: real estate services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Contact point(s): Procurement Services
For the attention of: Tony Newjem, CPO
EH14 4AS Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1314514444
Fax: +44 1314513119
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.hw.ac.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00307
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Body governed by public law
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Research Park and General Campus Property Agent.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 14: Building-cleaning services and property management services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Riccarton, Edinburgh postcode EH14 4AS.
NUTS code UKM25
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The University wishes to appoint a commercial property adviser and agent to assist primarily with the management of its Research Park property portfolio to maximise the commercial and knowledge exchange returns on its investment. The successful bidder will be expected to provide an initial report and action plan with recommendations; conduct rent reviews; manage lettings, sales and acquisitions; conduct marketing exercises including preparation of marketing materials. This is not an exhaustive list. The supply of professional property management services for the wider University campuses is also in scope.
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=243553
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=243553.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
70000000, 70330000, 70130000, 70100000, 70332200
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
The accompanying site plan gives details of the layout and occupancy of the Research Park. Value will depend upon the scale and number of property transactions and any other fee-based work packages arising during the contract term. Estimated upper and lower values are based on the totals for a nominal 3-year contract term.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 75 000 and 250 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The contract will be for a period of 35 months commencing February 2013 with options, entirely at the discretion of the University, to extend annually for a further two periods of 12 months (4 years 11 months in total).
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: no
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Duration in months: 59 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
Consortia bids are permissible, however a lead organisation must be nominated, and all consortium members will be expected to evidence their joint and several liability in respect of their contractual obligations.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
Tenderers will be expected to demonstrate a minimum average turnover of 100 000 GBP over the last 3 years, for which published annual accounts or financial statements are required. If no accounts or statements are available, a banker’s statement detailing the required level of turnover must be submitted.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(2) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(3) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(4) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Legal persons should indicate the names and professional qualifications of the staff responsible for the execution of the service: yes
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
4.1.2013 – 12:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Duration in months: 3 (from the date stated for receipt of tender)
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening tenders
Date: 4.1.2013 – 14:00
Estates Department, Heriot-Watt University, EH14 4AS.
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained