Responsive Repairs Contract
Responsive repairs (all trades), voids, annual gas inspection and responsive repairs contract.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Preventive maintenance services
Section I: Contracting authority
Port of Leith Housing Association Ltd
108 Constitution Street, Leith
For the attention of: Craig Somerville
EH6 6AZ Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1315540403
Fax: +44 1315551504
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.polha.co.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA13142
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Various locations in and around the Leith area of Edinburgh.
NUTS code UK
The Association is seeking the appointment of a contractor to carry out Responsive Repairs Service (All Trades), Voids, Annual Gas Inspections, Stage 3 Adaptations and Associated Responsive Repairs at approximately 3000 properties throughout the Leith area of Edinburgh. It should be noted that the works shall predominately be within occupied properties, equally across a diverse occupancy posing difficulties such as language barriers as well as vulnerable groups of people.
The contract consists of annual servicing and reactive maintenance to domestic and communal gas wet heating installations (various boiler types, including domestic and commercial plant), including all electrical work associated with the installations and domestic and communal electric heating and hot water installations. Possible whole heating or boiler replacement installations as may be required during the currency of the contract.
The contract will have a duration of 5 years with an option to extend the contract for a further 2 years with a 3 year option dependant on contractor performance, reviewed by the Association and the mutual agreement of both parties. Final decision will be at the sole discretion of the Association.
The Contractor will be required to operate the Contract within the client’s pre determined timescales:
Appointment slots will be offered to customers.
Respond within 4hrs, seven days a week and make safe and complete within 24 hours.
Respond within 24hrs.
Complete within 5 days seven days a week.
Routine: Respond within 15 days.
Right to Repair:
Between 1day and 7 days (dependant on type of repair).
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=276117.
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=276117.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
50324200, 50531200, 50413100, 90731500
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: Contractors wishing to apply for this contract must be able to provide evidence of experience in successfully working on at least two other contracts of a similar nature to the one described within this notice and the Pre Qualification Questionnaire within the last three years. At least one of the contracts put forward must include responsive repairs (all trades), voids, annual gas inspection & responsive repairs and the contracts put forward as evidence for this must have been ongoing for at least 12 months and Port of Leith Housing Association should be able to obtain references from the respective employers attesting to this.
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
The Company must be Constructionline Members, demonstrating both relevant and appropriate Notational Values applicable the proposed works. All gas engineers employed on the contract must carry the appropriate Gas Safe qualification.
The company must be a registered member of NICEIC or SELECT or equivalent. The company must be able to provide an in house directly employed out of hours call handling facility as well as operating a 24 hour 365/366 day All Trades provision.
Note that preference will be given to contractors that have been carried out works of a similar nature, similar property numbers and similar contract sums on behalf of other RSL organisations.
Section IV: Procedure
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2013/S 129-222137 of 5.7.2013
Section VI: Complementary information
1) Contractor will be required to liaise regularly with senior management and site supervision to monitor and refine site practice and quality control.
2) Contractor to apply “Continual Improvement” environment across the contract works.
3) Contractor to apply “Enhanced Services” wherever possible/practicable.
4) Contractor’s senior management and site supervisor to attend monthly contract progress meetings.
5) Contractor to provide a comprehensive all trades out of hours emergency provision, including all client public holidays and client office closures.
6) Contractor to develop the most effective and efficient systems possible from reporting of repair to invoicing for the benefit of both the client and the contractor taking account of the client’s requirements to be able to measure performance in terms of timescale, cost, tenant satisfaction and quality of each repair.
7) Contractor to be capable of providing a repair by appointment system.
8) The contractor will be required to maintain offices and depots locally within or reasonably central to the areas covered by the contract, provide dedicated staff to deal with day to day operations of the contract and employ predominantly directly employed labour to carry out the Works.
9) The contractor will be required to have quarterly meetings with Port of Leith Housing Association’s management to discuss matters such as performance and efficiency improvements.
10) The contractor must offer electronic data transfer compatibilities.
11) The contractor will be expected to demonstrate Integrated Management System Integration.
12) Where applicable the contractor will be expected to align to all relevant Port of Leith Housing Association policies.
13) A contractor’s performance bond shall be applied throughout the duration of the works (Contract Period).
14) The contractor must demonstrate relevant community benefits throughout the term of the works (Contract Period), in particular applying an active participation towards “Training Opportunities in Lothians” (TOiL).
15) Public liability insurance requirements for this contract are: Ten Million Pounds (10,000,000.00 GBP)
16) Employer’s liability insurance required for this contract is: Ten Million Pounds (10,000,000.00 GBP)
17) TUPE may apply to these works; any bidder should satisfy themselves of the risk of TUPE and account for this risk in any submission.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:27.8.2013