Rigging Training for the Entertainment Industry
1. The training will need to take place off site in a purpose built space providing all the relevant facilities and equipment. 2. This will need to be undertaken by fully experienced, certified trainers and 3. The resulting certificate issued to be industry recognised.
Rigging for the Entertainment Industry
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||25/02/2013|
|Est. End Date:||01/03/2013|
De Montfort Hall is a busy council run entertainment venue. We are a theatre, concert hall and outdoor festival venue combined.
Currently there is a requirement to train half a dozen theatre technicians in rigging.
This training needs to be aimed directly at the entertainment industry. And more specifically at in house venue technicians.
1. The training will need to take place off site in a purpose built space providing all the relevant facilities and equipment.
2. This will need to be undertaken by fully experienced, certified trainers and
3. The resulting certificate issued to be industry recognised.
Some of the topics that we would look for are:
– The law and safety legislation
– Safe systems of work and the principles of lifting
– Working with at height
– Rigging with steels, roundslings, chain slings, shackles
– Slinging and bridle
– Truss Use
– Rigging and operating chain motor
– Pre use checks to lifting equipment and PPE
In order to be considered for the work please state in the quotation form:
1. Where the training is to be held and for how many days.
2. The trainer to student ratio e.g. 1:8. It is envisaged that there will be 6 Technicians to train.
3. Attach supporting documentation of your training/course
4. The price per person excluding VAT.
Please complete the quotation form (link to the document is below) and return to email@example.com in order to be considered for this work.
Only quotations with price on this form below will be accepted. However, any supporting documents will be considered.
This should be returned by 9.00am on Monday 4th January at the very latest.
Organisations are asked to regularly check this opportunity on Source Leicestershire for any updates. Any advertised opportunity might be updated or removed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Applicants should note that due to the technicality of the software package being used to create this advert, this Opportunity will become “invisible” at midnight, on Sunday 3rd February. Applicants are therefore requested to save all documentation relating to this Opportunity locally.
These documents are for information only. Please follow instructions for registration and receipt of full tender/quotation documentation.
- PAN0147 Request for Quotation (Services)(doc) 53 KB
|Contract Type||One off|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Training & Conferences, Arts & Leisure Services,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
Punit Modi, Tel No: 0116 252 8911
New Walk Centre,
Leicester LE1 6ZG