Royal Mail Industrial Engineering Services Framework Panel
This framework is for the provision of Industrial Engineering Consultancy Services to support RMG’s Modernisation Planning Department.
United Kingdom-London: Technical testing, analysis and consultancy services
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Royal Mail Group Limited
185 Farringdon Road
For the attention of: Nureena Bouton
EC1A 1AA London
General address of the contracting entity: http://www.royalmail.com
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 11: Management consulting services  and related services
NUTS code UK
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 4
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 48
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT
Range: between 2 000 000 and 3 000 000 GBP
Frequency and value of the contracts to be awarded: Precise quantities are unknown and will also depend on the number of economic operators appointed. Whilst it is anticipated that initial expenditure will be in the region of 2,000,000.00 to 3,000,000.00 for this contract award this is approximate only and the values will be to such level as those purchasing under the framework consider necessary to provide suitable requirements.
Range: between 2 000 000 and 3 000 000 GBP
Description of these options: RMG reserves the right to extend the contract at its discretion after the initial 24 month period, by a further 12 months and after this extension by a further 12 months, with a total potential term of 48 months (24 months + 12 months + 12 months) or (24 months + 24 months).
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 24 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: The contract will be subject to RMG’s terms and conditions, which will be issued with the ITN.
Section IV: Procedure
Additional information about electronic auction: An electronic auction (e-auction) may be used to award all or part of the requirements. The use of e-auctions may also be an option as part of any mini competition process.
Payable documents: no
Section VI: Complementary information
Please read ALL of the following information carefully.
1. Expression of Interest: please ensure that you submit an expression of interest promptly so that your details can be populated in the Royal Mail Group Electronic Sourcing system (E-Sourcing). This is a necessary first step in order for you to be able to respond to the PQQ.
2. To formally submit an EOI you must firstly download the Applicant Details Spreadsheet (Excel file) located on the Royal Mail Group Website at:
http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-suppliers/contract-opportunities “Qualification Process”
3. The Applicant Details Spreadsheet should be completed with the details of your organisation. The spreadsheet format should not be amended in any way. Mandatory information required to be added to the spreadsheet is: Organisation name; Contact Telephone Number for your organisation; First name of the person who will complete the PQQ; Surname of the person who will complete the PQQ; Contact number for the person who will complete the PQQ; Email address of the person who will be completing the PQQ. Please also complete as much of the non-mandatory information as possible.
3. Following completion of your Applicant Details Spreadsheet, please email the spreadsheet to Nureena Bouton Nureena.Bouton@Royalmail.com. Please confirm, if required, which Lot(s) you are interested in bidding for.
4. You will THEN be sent information on how to access the PQQ. The PQQ will be managed using the RMG Electronic Sourcing System (Esourcing).
Client Software Requirements for Esourcing:
Your Windows operating system must support the following client software:
– Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Charts are supported in Adobe Flash format and JPEG. Dashboards are supported only in Flash format. Charts and dashboards in Flash format are supported only on 32-bit Java environment and 32-bit browsers, and are disabled on 64-bit browsers. If you run SAP Sourcing on 64-bit Java environment, you must set the chart format to JPEG.
Note: MAC Users – The latest version of Internet Explorer for MAC is 5.2.3, therefore MAC does not support SAP E-Sourcing Version 7.0.
5. The Pre Qualification Questionaire is accessed via Esourcing. You will need to receive 2 emails in order to participate). Once you have submitted your completed Applicant Details Spreadsheet) you will be provided with your FIRST email (within 48 hours Monday – Friday) which is a log-on to Esourcing, these log-on details shall arrive via RMG@frictionless.com and headed Royal Mail Group RFX. (please do not email this site unless instructed to do so). On receipt of your log-on information you will then be sent a SECOND email (within 24 hours Monday to Friday)from RMG@frictionless.com or RMG, Inviting you to Participate in the PQQ [Name of the PQQ event]. It is at this point that you will be able to fully access the PQQ and start to complete it.
6. The PQQ will close as noted in IV.3.4.
Please note: Your log-on will not be activated until you are formally invited to participate, so please do not try to log-on BEFORE you are invited to do so, since your access will be denied.
RMG may require suppliers to supplement or clarify the information submitted in the PQQ and may also undertake its own audit of the supplier to verify the information provided.
Tenders and all supporting documentation for the contract must be priced in sterling (unless otherwise specified in the contract documents) and written in English.
Any agreement entered into will be considered a contract made in England according to English law and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Royal Mail Group is not liable for any costs incurred by those expressing an interest in tendering for this contract opportunity. Royal Mail Group reserves the right to terminate the procurement process (or part of it), to change the basis of and the procedures for the procurement process at any time, or to procure the contract by alternative means if it appears that the contract can be more advantageously procured by alternative means. The most economically advantageous or any tender will not automatically be accepted.
See VI.4.2 below
See VI.4.2 above
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:31.7.2013