Sales Agency Services North America – Business Tourism
The role of the Sales Representation Agency for the North American market is to convert this interest into confirmed business for Scotland by pre-qualifying sales leads, proactively building/maintaining and expanding our comprehensive database and proactively pursuing sales prospects.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Marketing services
Section I: Contracting authority
Ocean Point One, 94 Ocean Drive
Contact point(s): Facilities & Procurement
For the attention of: Eileen O’Neill
EH6 6JH Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1415664017
Fax: +44 1415664074
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.visitscotland.org
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00118
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
National Records of Scotland
Registers of Scotland
Scottish Qualification Authority
Scottish Courts Service
Scottish Prison Service
Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited
Highlands and Islands Enterprise
Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service
Scottish Police Authority
National Museums of Scotland
Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration
Scottish Environment Protection Agency
Scottish Legal Aid Board
Scottish Natural Heritage
Skills Development Scotland
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 13: Advertising services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: North America.
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 3
The Business Tourism Unit is the department within VisitScotland tasked with attracting business tourism to Scotland from the UK and overseas markets.
Our primary goal is to grow the volume and value of discretionary business tourism to Scotland.
Our marketing activity is intended to raise awareness and appeal of Scotland as a destination for Meetings, Conferences and Incentives and create an environment which will generate demand. The role of the Sales Representation Agency for the North American market is to convert this interest into confirmed business for Scotland by pre-qualifying sales leads, proactively building/maintaining and expanding our comprehensive database and proactively pursuing sales prospects.
The Sales Representation Agency for North America will focus efforts on the corporate meeting and incentive market. Additional project activity will be agreed with regard to reaching Associations.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=290778
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
Description of these options: This contract will initially be awarded on a 12 month basis with the option to extend by up to a further 24 months (on a 12 + 12 month basis) solely at the discretion of the Purchaser.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 12 (from the award of the contract)
Number of possible renewals: 2
In the case of renewable supplies or service contracts, estimated timeframe for subsequent contracts:
in months: 36 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Section IV: Procedure
2nd Floor, 11 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DY.
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 2016.
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): This project may be part funded by ERDF.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:16.1.2014