Security Guarding Services for BBC
Static Security Guarding; Patrolling – by foot; Mobile patrolling – by vehicles; CCTV monitoring; Mobile key holding; Site Security; Close protection.
UK-London: Security services
Section I: Contracting authority
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
Broadcasting House, Portland Place
For the attention of: Alan Bridle
W1A 1AA London
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.bbc.co.uk/supplying
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: BBC
Internet address: https://www.bbc.bravosolution.co.uk
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 23: Investigation and security services, except armoured car services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: BBC sites across the United Kingdom – please refer to the full list of sites contained within the PQQ documentation.
NUTS code UK
The BBC is now seeking to appoint a single provider of Security Guarding Services to ensure minimum risk to its business. It is anticipated that a new contract for the provision of Security Guarding Services will be awarded in the first half of 2014.
The range of Security Activities covered by the Contract will include:
— Static Security Guarding;
— Patrolling – by foot;
— Mobile patrolling – by vehicles;
— CCTV monitoring;
— Mobile key holding;
— Site Security;
— Close protection.
Security activities, as described above, will be required at the following locations:
Level 1 – Main Operational Hub Premises.
— London W1;
— London W12;
In addition, security activities will also be required at:
Level 2 – Regional Network Production Premises (sites throughout United Kingdom).
Level 3 – Local Radio Stations (sites throughout United Kingdom).
A detailed listing of BBC building locations is provided at Appendix II of the Prequalification Questionnaire.
During the course of the contract, there may be some changes to the scope due to relocation that will result in variations to the contract. There may be additional or reducing service requirements. The successful contractor will be required to comply with any resulting variations of contract.
Applicants should note the following:
1) A number of buildings are broadcast critical and comprise infrastructures and legacy systems. Moreover, the BBC has Charter obligations to broadcast in times of civil or national emergency. Therefore, certain properties in the BBC portfolio operate on a 24/7, 365 days a year basis. The broadcast critical elements will also be subject to more stringent performance management regimes within the proposed contract.
2) That there will be a need to engage with the provider of FM Services across the estate on all matters relating to the provision of Security Guarding services.
Range: between 70 000 000,00 and 80 000 000,00 GBP
Description of these options: The contract may be extended twice at the BBC’s discretion by up to 12 months on each occasion.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
1. You should first go to the BravoSolution eTendering portal at the following link: https://www.bbc.bravosolution.co.uk
2. Once in the BravoSolution portal you have 2 possible options:
a) WITHOUT HAVING TO REGISTER you can select ‘View tender opportunities’ and click on ‘Current Opportunities’ to view a summary of this project. If you would then like to formally express an interest and view the documentation you should follow the instructions in b) below.
b) Register your company (if not already registered) by clicking on the ‘Register’ button (this is only required once). Next, you should accept the terms and conditions and click continue – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click Save when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure). You can now formally express an interest in this tender.
3. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers link. (These are Pre- Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the Express Interest button in the Actions box on the left-hand side of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your My PQQs/ My ITTs page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) -You can now access any attachments by clicking the Settings and Buyer Attachments in the Actions box. 4. Responding to the tender – You can now choose to Reply or Decline to Respond (please give a reason if rejecting) – You can now use the Messages function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button in the Actions box on the left-hand side of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk(contact details can be found at https://bbc.bravosolution.co.uk).
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Minimum standards are set out in Section C4 of the Simplified PQQ document.
The BBC will evaluate technical ability/financial standing of the bidders in accordance with Articles 45 to 52 of Directive 2004/18/EC and Regulations 23 to 25 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2006, and a detailed explanation of the evaluation methodology and minimum criteria to be satisfied are set out in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Minimum standards are set out in Section C4 of the Simplified PQQ document.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: The BBC will evaluate technical ability/financial standing of the bidders in accordance with Articles 45 to 52 of Directive 2004/18/EC and Regulations 23 to 25 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2006, and a detailed explanation of the evaluation methodology and minimum criteria to be satisfied are set out in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
Additional information about electronic auction: The BBC may carry out a Reverse Electonic Auction if appropriate.
Section VI: Complementary information
In the case of technology requirements, the BBC may involve its technology partner (Atos IT Solutions and Services Limited) to assist in the scoping and drafting of invitations to tender and/or the evaluation of tenders. However, the final decision as to which is the most economically advantageous (by reference to the award criteria) will be made by the BBC. The awarding authority reserves the right not to award a contract and to annul the procurement process at any stage. Tenders and all supporting documents must be priced in sterling and all payments will be made in sterling. The contract shall be subject to English law. The awarding authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest, or any tender and reserves the right to accept part of a tender unless the tenderer expressly stipulates otherwise in the tender document. To prevent BBC eTendering portal email alerts from being quarantined by your organisation’s fire wall or spam filter, you are advised to instruct your IT team to accept all emails with a .BravoSolution.co.uk extension (our portal provider) or from email@example.com. If Section II.1.9 shows ‘Yes’, variants will be accepted provided they meet the core requirements of the project.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:20.3.2013
Requirement for Security Guarding