Self-Employment Support Contract – Norfolk and Suffolk
This procurement is to deliver C-CARE Support for Self-Employment, a strand of T2, C Care Support for Social Inclusion.
Contract for the provision of self-employment support to individuals in Norfolk and Suffolk
New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership Limited
- Research and development services and related consultancy services – 73000000
- Business services: law, marketing, consulting, recruitment, printing and security – 79000000
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
East of England
Value of contract
£567,909 to £680,640
9 August 2021
27 September 2021
Contract start date
1 November 2021
Contract end date
31 March 2023
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The successful organisation will be expected to deliver a programme of support as outlined below, and engage with the wider evaluation and information sharing goals of the project partnership as outlined above.
We currently offer a funded business start-up programme within our ERDF Business Growth Programme, which is delivered by Nwes and Menta, and due to end this autumn. Details on our website here :
This procurement is to deliver C-CARE Support for Self-Employment, a strand of T2, C Care Support for Social Inclusion. We are seeking a contractor to deliver project outputs as part of the larger programme. The whole delivery will take place in Norfolk and Suffolk with both online and face-to-face support required in both counties, and evidence that the successful organisation can deliver activity at locations right across Norfolk and Suffolk as demand requires.
The contract will require a package of support in topic areas as outlined below. The aim of the activity is to train, upskill, and aid individuals into self-employment, and to support them on the start of their journey to create successful and stable businesses which have the potential to grow and to develop further, providing employment opportunities as they grow.
The formal required outputs for this programme are: –
• Minimum of 620 participants
• 300 new businesses to be created.
• 60 additional employees within those businesses
We are seeking organisations to deliver across Norfolk and Suffolk via a bespoke package of support to be agreed. The programme will have a particular focus on encouraging people from disadvantaged communities to make the most of self-employment opportunities and should provide a delivery plan for the following: –
• Assessment of individuals
• Identified wrap-around support and signposting
• Assist individuals in the undertaking of market research
• Workshops (virtual and/or actual)
• One to one mentoring/coaching support
• Access to upskilling of digital skills
• Raise awareness of business appropriate applications/tools
• Signpost to workspace as required, hot desking, shared space, units.
• To encourage the individuals to join business communities.
• Recording all aspects of the programme including evidencing outputs for data reporting according to Interreg FCE programme rules.
Please provide the following:
1. Delivery plan across the full seventeen-month period.
2. Provide a description of bespoke packages of support to be offered.
3. Explain your experience at delivering this type of contract, with examples of contracts successfully delivered in the past.
4. Details of premises and locations to be used for delivery.
5. Provide Curriculum Vitae of staff delivering the programme.
6. Provide a marketing plan to support the delivery as part of your bid and supporting the larger project.
7. Provide two referees.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.