Short Breaks for Disabled Children and Young People – Consultation
Derby City Council wishes to undertake a Social Value Consultation exercise with suitably qualified and experienced organisations, service users and interested stakeholders in advance of a formal tendering process.
Social Value Consultation – Short Breaks for Disabled Children and Young People
Awarding body Derby City Council
|EST. START DATE:||01/04/2018|
|EST. END DATE:||31/03/2020|
Derby City Council wishes to undertake a Social Value Consultation exercise with suitably qualified and experienced organisations, service users and interested stakeholders in advance of a formal tendering process. The results will be used to inform how the new service will be commissioned.
The Short Breaks Service provides 1:1 support at home or out in the community to disabled children and young people (CYP) and their families. The SEND reforms requires there to be a greater focus on preparing young people with special educational needs and disabilities for adult life.
The aims of this targeted preventative service are:
• To give disabled CYP enjoyable experiences away from their main carers, thereby contributing to their personal and social development, reducing social isolation and their overall well-being
• To give parents/carers a necessary and valuable break from their caring responsibilities
The successful service providers will make a significant contribution to improving the following outcomes for disabled CYP in Derby, through the effective delivery of the Short Breaks Service:
• Increase the confidence of disabled CYP
• Enable disabled CYP to become more independent
• Improve the socialisation/inclusion of disabled CYP
• Demonstrate that disabled CYP are having fun
• Show that parents/carers confidence in the short breaks has improved
• Evidence that parents/carers of disabled CYP are benefitting from the service
To support this, we would like to gain information and feedback from the market, service users and stakeholders prior to commencing a procurement exercise.
Derby City Council also wishes to ensure that in procuring services, consideration is given to how what is proposed to be procured might improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of the area of Derby and how it can secure that improvement using the procurement process. In particular the focus is on improving and maximising the following objectives:
• A thriving sustainable economy
• Achieving their learning potential
• Good health and well-being
• Being safe and feeling safe
• A strong community
• An active cultural life
Suggestions and comments are therefore welcomed on the existing service specification overview, as above, and how the above outcomes and social value could be maximised. A more detailed copy of the existing service specification is also available to download below.
This Social Value Consultation is not an invitation to tender.
The Council, as the contracting authority, is issuing this request for information and feedback only, in order to assess the reaction of the market, secure feedback to improve the service, so that our potential procurement process is more focussed and efficient.
The information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence. It will not be made available to future potential bidders for the new service in the event of a tendering process taking place. This is in line with Section 43 of the Freedom of Information Act i.e. a qualified exemption in relation to ‘Commercial Interests’.
Please download and use the form below to record your comments and suggestions. Upon completion, please email to: email@example.com no later than 5.00pm Monday 24 July 2017
These documents are for information only. Please follow instructions for registration and receipt of full tender/quotation documentation.
- Response Document(doc)Document to be completed and returned.35 KB
- Current Specification(doc)Details of existing contract specification.2.7 MB
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Market Engagement|
|Estimated ValueTEXT DESCRIPTION||n/a|
|Category||Social Community Care Supplies & Services,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
DOCUMENT AVAILABLE UNTIL
24 July 2017
SUBMISSION RETURN BY
24 July 2017
Derby City Council
Paul Hallsworth / Manjit Sahota