Sign Language and Interpretation Service for Deaf Citizens
Provide comprehensive and effective BSL interpretation.
REFERENCE CPU 1094
Awarding body Nottingham City Council
|Est. Start Date:||01/06/2013|
|Est. End Date:||31/05/2018|
Nottingham City Council, Nottinghamshire County Council, NHS Nottinghamshire County & NHS Nottingham City seek to appoint an experienced support provider to
provide comprehensive and effective BSL interpretation to ensure:
• Equity of access to health and social care services for those citizens who are profoundly deaf and who live, or are registered with a GP within Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County.
• Deaf citizens are supported to live independently and to actively engage in their community
The Service will do this through providing:
1. A face to face direct access service to enable Deaf citizens to directly access signing and interpretation provision.
2. Access to a range of sign language interpreters who can support Deaf citizens to engage with primary health providers local authority provision within the City and the County
3. Access to a range of sign language interpreters for City and County primary health providers and local authority services to book sign language workers to enable Deaf citizens to engage effectively with these services. This includes engagement and participation events and activities.
4. Access to sign language interpreters on an emergency basis including out of hours support on a defined basis.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Open Tender|
|Option to extend||3 + 2|
|Estimated ValueText Description||170000 p.a. (3 + 2)|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
extend contract options:
3 + 2
Nottingham City Council
0115 876 4185