Signage Consultancy Leicester City Council
Provision of Consultancy Services for a Way Finding, Signage Scoping and Mapping Study (PAN0430).
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||14/04/2014|
|Est. End Date:||30/09/2014|
Leicester City Council wishes to appoint appropriately qualified and experienced consultants to carry out a scoping study to define the project to develop and deliver a bespoke city signage, wayfinding and mapping system for the city. Development of the city identity will ensure that the design of the wayfinding and mapping reflects the values and benefits of the city.
The aim of the Signage and Wayfinding System & Mapping scoping study is to define the project to provide a system that addresses the specific needs of people who live, work and visit the city and the needs of the city stakeholders which includes:-
• Availability of Information before embarking on a journey to the city centre
• Clear, easy to follow directions into the city centre from different routes and gateways
• Boundary signs and brown tourist signs that reflect the pride and exciting city offer
• An easy to understand car parking directional variable messaging signage scheme
• Access to information at arrival hubs
• A pedestrian wayfinding system in the city centre that places a venue/area/attraction in context to the urban geography,promotes accessibility and encourages pedestrians to explore different character districts and discover the wide variety of venues and attractions.
• Pedestrian signing that promotes a healthy lifestyle by highlighting the walkability of the city centre.
• Print ready maps that interpret the wayfinding system for a variety of uses.
• Cycle signs integrated into citywide signing network
• Interpretation panels relating the history and heritage of the city
• 3-D mapping system highlighting key areas and destinations
• Accessible information using various mediums
The required outputs of the scoping study are:-
1.Identification of the requirements to develop a comprehensive and integrated bespoke wayfinding, transport and visitor information system for Leicester including recommendations for decluttering.
2.Development of a city identity to shape the typography, colour palette, etc. of the system design that reflects the values and benefits of the city.
3.Define recommendations including number of different types of signage and wayfinding
4.Design recommendations for wayfinding and mapping infrastructure
5.Development of mapping system for on-street and printed and digital information products
6.Production of printed maps and web services to complement the aims of the on-street system
7.Breakdown of costs
8.A delivery strategy
We wish to engage a consultant to undertake a scoping study and prepare proposals to deliver an integrated bespoke signage, wayfinding and mapping system for Leicester with the initial focus on the information system within the core city centre boundary. The consultant should have experience in the development of city identities. The creation of a distinctive identity for the city that reflects the values and characteristics should be reflected in the development of a bespoke signage, wayfinding and mapping system for Leicester. The marque, colour palette and typography will be integrated in the place marketing strategy, currently under development.
Returns no later 15:00hrs 25/03/2014. Via the Delta eSourcing web portal
Organisations are asked to regularly check this opportunity on Source Leicestershire for any updates. Any advertised opportunity might be updated or removed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Applicants should note that due to the technicality of the software package being used to create this advert, this Opportunity will become “invisible” at midnight, 25/03/2014. Applicants are therefore requested to save all documentation relating to this Opportunity locally.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Open Tender|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Consultancy, Highway Equipment & Materials, Design & Photography,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
Surinder Kahlon, Tel No: 0116 454 4022
New Walk Centre,
Leicester LE1 6ZG