Smart Buildings Solutions using the Internet of Things Framework
The Smart Buildings Solutions using the Internet of Things Framework Agreement will provide authorities with the means to enable intelligent commercial buildings.
National Framework Agreement for the provision of Smart Buildings Solutions using the Internet of Things
Countess Of Chester Hospital
- Energy-management services – 71314200
- Energy-efficiency consultancy services – 71314300
Location of contract
Value of contract
£1 to £10,000,000
6 May 2021
7 June 2021
Contract start date
20 July 2021
Contract end date
19 July 2027
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Smart Buildings Solutions using the Internet of Things framework agreement will provide authorities
with the means to enable intelligent commercial buildings. Solutions primarily involve the installation of
a sensory network that is connected via wireless internet to cloud based data analytics, which enables
monitoring and control of energy usage, building occupancy and visibility of assets. The solution can be
composed of several modular components which all work simultaneously to create a platform for the
management of buildings, and in turn driving efficiencies across estates.
Note: This framework agreement is not concerned with domestic properties.
Supplier instructions how to express interest and bid:
1) Browse to the esourcing portal https://www.nhssourcing.co.uk and click on view current
2) Select the title of the ITT;Page 9 to 10
3) Review the ITT, framework agreement specification, prerequisites and list of eligible users
(you may do this without registering);
4) Register your organisation on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once);
5) Accept the portal terms and conditions and click ‘continue’, enter your organisation and
user details; note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete; you will shortly
receive an e-mail with your unique password (please keep this secure);
6) Login to the portal with the username/password;
7) Click the ‘PQQs/ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are pre-qualification
questionnaires or invitations to tender open to any registered supplier);
8) Click on the relevant PQQ/ITT to access the content;
9) Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. This will move the PQQ/ITT into
your ‘My PQQs/My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only). You can
now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ITT Details’ box;
10) Responding to the ITT. Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ITT Details’, you can choose to
‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining). You can now
use the messages function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification. Note
the deadline for completion, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the ITT
There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed
online help available). You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button
at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or
contact the eTendering help desk.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer