Solar Lighting Scheme – Invitation to Tender – Shropshire
It is estimated 30 lights will be needed.
Invitation to tender for supply and installation of a solar lighting scheme
Shropshire County Council
- Solar installation – 09332000
Location of contract
Value of contract
18 March 2021
14 April 2021
Contract start date
26 July 2021
Contract end date
31 August 2021
Single tender action (non-OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The proposed solar lighting project would see the supply and installation of solar lights from
approximately 50m from the last existing 10m column on the roadway travelling south west
from Pontesbury to Minsterley, a distance of 1.2km. It is estimated 30 lights will be needed.
• The solar lights should be operated by PIR sensors to reduce energy consumption.
• The lights should have fully programmable controllers for solar, battery and LED output
• The lights should operate for 365 days per year from dusk to dawn.
• Photovoltaic panels should be able to be adjusted to maximise solar energy.
• We require low maintenance solutions with affordable replacement options for battery
packs and heads
• Columns should have universal fittings to ensure future proofing
• Design should take account of the rural setting of the project and where possible
minimise impact on nocturnal wildlife.
Optimum time for works to take place would be during August whilst the schools are on
holiday. The scheme must be completed for the start of the school term in September 2021.
A single point of contact must be available from the point the contract is awarded to until
satisfactory completion of the project.
- ITT Solar Path Pontesbury to Minsterley .pdf
- Bidding documents
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Pontesbury Parish Council and Minsterley Parish Council