Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Occupational Therapy Services – Bromley
The service will provide SEND OT provision in Section F of an EHCP occupational therapy treatment/provision to help children and young people (aged 0-25 years) that experience difficulties carrying out everyday occupations.
Bromley Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Occupational Therapy (SEND OT) services – future opportunity
NEL Commissioning Support Unit
- Education and training services – 80000000
- Health and social work services – 85000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
8 December 2021
Approach to market date
15 December 2021
Contract start date
1 February 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
This is a prior information notice providing advanced notice of an upcoming procurement opportunity.
NHS South East London CCG (Bromley borough) is seeking to commission a provider of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Occupational Therapy (SEND OT) services. The service will provide SEND OT provision in Section F of an EHCP occupational therapy treatment/provision to help children and young people (aged 0-25 years) that experience difficulties carrying out everyday occupations. The provider will provide the borough with extra capacity of SEND OT provision that is outlined in Section F of the EHC Plan, annual reviews, critiquing reports, tribunals, and mediation.
The successful provider will work in collaboration with the current core Occupational Therapy provider (Bromley Healthcare) (who will continue to provide Occupational Therapy advice and recommendations for Education, Health and Care needs assessments for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities) and the London Borough of Bromley SEND Service.
The occupational therapy service will be provided within identified Bromley Schools and Settings (and at a child’s home setting where appropriate) to meet the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
It is expected that the contract will start on 1st February 2022 and run for a period of two months until 31 March 2022 with a total value for £70,000 (Ex VAT). Given the short-term nature of this contract, there will be a review process which may lead to award of extension to the term of the contract. This will be dependent on local need and performance. Further details will be set out in the subsequent contract opportunity notice and accompanying procurement documentation.
The CCG is scheduled to publish the procurement opportunity via Contracts Finder on 15th December 2021.
Interested providers should monitor the Contracts Finder site for the upcoming advertisement which will provide instructions on how to access the tender portal to express an interest in the opportunity, access the tender documentation and submit a bid. Although the opportunity is not yet published on the tender portal, interested providers may wish to ensure they have registered an account on the portal in advance of the opportunity being published by visiting the “Register” page at the following link: https://procontract.due-north.com/Login.
- Additional text
- London Shared Services (previously NELCSU) is managing this process on behalf of NHS South East London CCG (The Authority). The services to which this advert relates fall within Schedule 3 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (the Regulations) and the “Light Touch Regime” (LTR) governing the procurement of Health, Social, Education and Other service contracts. This contract is below the LTR thresholds. Neither the reference to the “Open Procedure” or the use of the term “Tender process”, nor any other indication shall be taken to mean that The Authority intends to hold itself bound to any of the Regulations, save those applicable to below-threshold contracts.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Clifton House,75-77 Worship Street
- Dynamic Purchasing System for VCSEs – Smaller and Lower Value Services Inside and Outside Public Sector
- Tender for Occupational Therapy to Improve Educational Outcomes
- Sexual Health Education Relationships and Wellbeing for Young People – Merseyside
- Dynamic Purchasing System for Voluntary, Charitable and Social Enterprises